What Kind of system would you pick?

what Band would you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

n5ims

Will this enterprise just cover Niagra County, or will you also assist on the Canadian side of the border. If so, you'll need to make sure that your legally licensed and insured in both countries.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
How are you going to pay for the training?
How are you going to pay for equipment?
How are you going to pay for protective gear?
How are you going to pay (if you can get) liaibility insurance?
How often are you going to do ongoing continiuing education and recertification?
Who will be your OHSA officer?

What scares me is that your considering this to be a "project", but I don't think you have a properly thoughtout (hate to use this phrase...) Mission Statement.

Its all well and good that you want to do something for the community, but if the local departments needs help, then volunteer your time to those departments that need help. Donate time to your local fire department (who normally handles search/rescue along with law enforcement -> NYS DEP Rangers), and also you can donate time to your local EMS..even if just a driver.

The only, absoulte thing I can think of that you MIGHT be able to pull off, is a volunteer SAR. I say that with some reluctance, as many SAR groups that I have encountered over the years professionally have been very loosely organized and the wacker/Ricky Rescue's out number the people who actually want to be proactive.

Either way, your going to want to contact your County Fire Coorninater, County and State OEM pointman, and the like to ensure your in compliance with all applicable laws and reguations.

The rest, are covered.

Best radio system

I would recommned a 12 pill dave made or skullcracka. That what we use for our conrole center and mobiles. Ah tell you what it work good, and cheap with a galaxy radio. You dont need no fancy motorola, a 12 pill will get you out where you need to go.

Col. P. Brassard
Senior executive commander of REACT Chapter 13

REACT
The A is for ACTION!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I would recommned a 12 pill dave made or skullcracka. That what we use for our conrole center and mobiles. Ah tell you what it work good, and cheap with a galaxy radio. You dont need no fancy motorola, a 12 pill will get you out where you need to go.

Col. P. Brassard
Senior executive commander of REACT Chapter 13

REACT
The A is for ACTION!

Hello

Goodbye

PJH

Premium Subscriber
They have internet in county jail?

I needed a good laugh!

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Received on IM today...

(6:38:02 PM) CoDeEnCrYpTiOn23: do they have internet in county jail?
(6:38:02 PM) Pj@Batlabs <AUTO-REPLY> : I'm not here right now
(6:38:08 PM) CoDeEnCrYpTiOn23: ****in punk *****
(6:38:14 PM) CoDeEnCrYpTiOn23: come say it to my face

I don't know whats more depressing...

-Being Paul Brassard
-Pretending to be Paul Brassard

Still funny..as his last name is actually Broussard

And for those of you just joining in...
http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6472531

One of the extreme REACT wackers around..

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
This CDS guy who is now banned is a real shyster. He says he is in Buffalo. I did a trade with him his shipping address was New haven CT. He is now over on Two way shopper trying to trade radios with an Austin TX location. He is using a different IP address each time he post there. He used John Sherman as a name but lists it as John P. at TWT..

Be forwarned..

wb0qqk

Premium Subscriber
If it was my project, I think I'd contact Nextel, Sprint or other cellular provider and ask about
their push-to-talk service or often refered as: PTT PoC. It would be much cheaper than putting
up repeaters in three comunities and would probably provide better coverage than any conventional
two-way system could.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
My Organization is going to be purchasing a radio system,
We are still in the stages of planning this system. We are in a Metropolitan Area. I am looking for your opinion on what type of radio system you would construct in terms of repeaters and radios and dispatch?

I manage and design radio systems and I couldn't even begin to answer your question, or the poll, without knowing a lot more about your agency, in terms of:

1. your specific day-to-day communication needs;
2. your future needs/wants;
3. mutual aid / interoperability needs;
4. radio systems in use by surrounding agencies;
5. the geographic/terrain conditions where you are.

That's just for starters. There's a lot more to picking a radio system than just picking a frequency band and system type, and running with it.

smason

wasted thread??. like posting on a forum wil help buy a complete radio system.. Ask someone that REALLY Knows??. not bunch of scanner users?

Normally I'd agree, but I thought some of the replies were well thought-out and helpful. Obviously he won't get the full answer here, but he's already got some good information on where to go from here.

Some of these "scanner users" are pretty well-versed in communications, and operate/manage systems like the ones the OP is looking for.

Definitely not a wasted thread

Status
Not open for further replies.