what kind of trunked system for East Tennessee Childrens Hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7HGK

I used the handy entity search by state here and ran across a active license for a trunked system for East Tennessee Childrens Hospital (WQEQ810 (East Tennessee Childrens Hospital) FCC Callsign Details)

The same question for http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQBG586 (Physicians Regional Medical Center, used to be known as Saint Mary's until they were bought by Tennova

Is there a way to figure out which kind of trunking system is being used from looking at the license or do I have to try them all until I get one that works?

Last edited:

ecps92

No way to determine based on the License, unless the emission indicates something other than 11K2F
Same would be for knowing a PL/DPL [it is not part of the license]

Put in the Frequencies in conventional Mode, see what you hear
If you hear a steady signal of noise? it could be Motorola [lets hope not TRBO or other], or if you hear a periodic click [LTR].

Look at the Wiki under Trunking for some good items that will help
Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

Also don't assume since they licensed as YG: Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked that they are actually using it in trunked mode too, plenty of those
have appeared and are running conventional and have never gone trunked.

Let us know what you run across

I used the handy entity search by state here and ran across a active license for a trunked system for East Tennessee Childrens Hospital (WQEQ810 (East Tennessee Childrens Hospital) FCC Callsign Details)

The same question for WQBG586 (Metro Knoxville HMA, LLC d/b/a Tennova Healthcare - Physicians Regional Medical Center) FCC Callsign Details (Physicians Regional Medical Center, used to be known as Saint Mary's until they were bought by Tennova

Is there a way to figure out which kind of trunking system is being used from looking at the license or do I have to try them all until I get one that works?

Last edited:

KD7HGK

This is interesting. When I punch in the frequencies for the 1st location on that ETCH license (BANT= Building Antenna) and have my squelch wide open so all I get is static, I get an intermittent full strength signal that comes up abruptly all at once and then disappears just as quickly. Could that help determine what kind of trunking it is? or am I hearing something else? I should also mention that it just appears to be a carrier, no audio.

ecps92

461.4125 is it constant or does the signal come and go

This is interesting. When I punch in the frequencies for the 1st location on that ETCH license (BANT= Building Antenna) and have my squelch wide open so all I get is static, I get an intermittent full strength signal that comes up abruptly all at once and then disappears just as quickly. Could that help determine what kind of trunking it is? or am I hearing something else? I should also mention that it just appears to be a carrier, no audio.

KD7HGK

Put in the Frequencies in conventional Mode, see what you hear
If you hear a steady signal of noise? it could be Motorola [lets hope not TRBO or other], or if you hear a periodic click [LTR].
Let us know what you run across

I decided to program the frequencies as a LTR trunked system. I'm actually getting good strong copy on ETCH, clear audio. I have yet to hear anything from Tennova/Saint Marys.

Thank you sir.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
On ETCH are you just hearing conversations or are you actually getting TGIDs? If you are getting TGID's what is the frequency order you are using on that system?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KD7HGK

On ETCH are you just hearing conversations or are you actually getting TGIDs? If you are getting TGID's what is the frequency order you are using on that system?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1-01-011 is the only TGID I've gotten so far. Frequency order I'm using is 452.3625, 457.3625, 461.4125, 463.450, 466.4125, 468.450

Status
Not open for further replies.