Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Well heres my lovely shack

Feedback welcomed :)

I am running a

Scanner ~ Pro-197 RS digital scanner

Software ~ Scanner Recorder Pro and for the feed I run Scannercast and also RadioFeed

I have a paper with all the 10 codes, so if I forget a code, all I have to do is look at the sheet.

Attachments

• IMG_8233.jpg
    IMG_8233.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,852
  • IMG_8235.jpg
    IMG_8235.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,847
  • IMG_8236.jpg
    IMG_8236.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,853
  • IMG_8238.jpg
    IMG_8238.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,898

SCPD

QRT
I like that monitor :) Also you might want to turn off the global attenuation.

Last edited:

ridgescan

How about this-is it doable to slide the right half of the scanner under the monitor, put the code card on the left half of the scanner, then put the computer speaker back on the desk left of the scanner so your speakers are even heights:)

RES51CUE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
where do you find a list of 10-codes for apco and by state and county

CanesFan95

No doubt I've do the exact same thing with the 10-codes printed out. Now that's smart scannin'!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks,

Is it better to have the global attenuation off?

If you turn on the Global Attenuator, it attenuates everything you listen to by 20 db (3 or so meter units).

There may be a reason that you have it turned on. You may have a bunch of local noise that gets induced into your scanner input causing you to have to have the squelch set too much clockwise, or you might have local transmitters that desense your receiver frontend or cause intermod. In those cases, you'll want to use the attenuator.

But if you aren't suffering from those symptoms above when you have the attenuator turned off, you're better leaving it turned off. If you only have a few frequencies that require attenuation, disable the global attenuator in the settings and then set an attenuator on per-frequency for those frequencies that you need an attenuator.

I typically have the attenuator set as a Global attenuator but I have it turned off. If I am doing a search though, I'll often turn the global attenuator on in order to only hear those things with higher signal strengths [which would usually be indicative of transmitters closer to me].

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.