What Make/model handheld and antenna is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2RNI

Anyone know what Brand and model handheld and antenna is this? Frequency range would be nice too.

voAnvVk.jpg

That whip is glorious. I would love to have one of those for portable lowband monitoring (just clipped to the picnic table or backpack to avoid that massive conenctor strain). Is it possible to get one just like that premade somewhere?

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Harris AN/PRC-152, with (I guess) a low-band antenna for the 30-50 MHz range, or for SATCOM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2RNI

Harris AN/PRC-152, with (I guess) a low-band antenna for the 30-50 MHz range, or for SATCOM.

Thanks a ton :3 I was thinking Lowband as well from looking at the other photos of this event. I bought the current digital issue only earlier today. I'd love to have a super whip like that for myself for civilian lowband.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a ton :3 I was thinking Lowband as well from looking at the other photos of this event. I bought the current digital issue only earlier today. I'd love to have a super whip like that for myself for civilian lowband.

I would also. Hell, I’d love to have a radio like that, but it will be many years or never before a civilian gets to own one.

prcguy

Looks like a Harris PRC-152 series from the sticker on the battery. Antenna is a 1m blade that covers 30 to 90MHz, although the radio covers 30 to 512Mhz continuous. Going by the multicam uniform the soldier is probably US Army or National Guard.

The antennas for the PRC-152 and MBITR are plentiful on Ebay and they have a male TNC connector. The actual Army issued PRC-152 or MBITR would not be legal for a civilian to own due to its embedded Type 1 crypto, but there are export versions with AES/DES or Citidel encryption that are legal to own and there are a lot of those in civilian hands. I've owned quite a few of them over the years.

K2RNI

Looks like a Harris PRC-152 series from the sticker on the battery. Antenna is a 1m blade that covers 30 to 90MHz, although the radio covers 30 to 512Mhz continuous. Going by the multicam uniform the soldier is probably US Army or National Guard.

The antennas for the PRC-152 and MBITR are plentiful on Ebay and they have a male TNC connector. The actual Army issued PRC-152 or MBITR would not be legal for a civilian to own due to its embedded Type 1 crypto, but there are export versions with AES/DES or Citidel encryption that are legal to own and there are a lot of those in civilian hands. I've owned quite a few of them over the years.

Wow! That's one hell of a bandwidth for that frequency range. Thankfully I have plenty of TNC adapters from my pirate radio hobby. I'll go check out eBay now thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.