What Model to Get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

I have been a Radio Shack scanner fan for some time now and its time to upgrade my PRO-97. I am not much one for the uniden scanner since they can be a pain to program but have nice features.

I would like to keep everything the PRO-97 does with LTR/Motorola/EDACS/PL/DCS decode features etc.. Also looking for a scanner that will decode/map out the trunk systems.

I have not had the chance to play with any of the new scanners except read what people comment about them but looking for your input.

I live, work near the Pocono, Pa area which covers Schuylkill, Carbon, Monroe, Lehigh, Northampton, Berks Co area. I monitor mostly business LTR's, Public Safety and anything else.

Thanks for your input.
Steve

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
If you use the program Win97, you can program the Pro164 from the same file. With the Pro164, there will be no learning curve as all the controls are the same as the Pro97. The Pro-107 has some nice features also but I do not know is the scanner outputs data on the USB cable for decoding trunking systems like the Uniden scanners do.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Get a PSR-300

I have been a Radio Shack scanner fan for some time now and its time to upgrade my PRO-97. I am not much one for the uniden scanner since they can be a pain to program but have nice features.
I agree totally.

I would like to keep everything the PRO-97 does with LTR/Motorola/EDACS/PL/DCS decode features etc.. Also looking for a scanner that will decode/map out the trunk systems.
I bought the PSR-300 from ScannerMaster (click the link at the top of this page) and was able to download my exact same (WIN97) profile to the PSR-300. The PSR-300 is the same radio as the PRO-164 but from GRE instead of Radio Shack. I paid $149 for the radio which included shipping and the AC adapter. A much better deal than the '164 from the Shack.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Depends on whats going digital in your area. If every agency you listen to is analog then the 164 should be fine and uses same software as the 97. If you have digital then the 106 is a must have.

Status
Not open for further replies.