What non-ARMER Frequencies Are You Monitoring For Public Works/Highway Departments?

JASII

Memory Capacity
Sometimes, I think people just assume that all city/township/county/state goverment radio communications are on the ARMER system.

With the current snowy weather, this is a great time to see who is still using radios other than the ARMER system for plwoing roads.

So, what cities or counties do you monitor, that are not on ARMER, that out snowplowing?

What frequencies are they using?

Are they conventional or trunked?

Are they analog or digital?

If they are digital, what mode are they using?

Is it P25, MOTO TRBO (DMR) or NXDN?

jason_58201

There are still numerous counties and agencies in my area that are still on vhf. Some are patched to armer. Some are pagers. Some are still vhf all the way around. Also monitor 2 m ham and gmrs. Local businesses in my area are either uhf analogue or uhf and vhf dmr. And of course Railroad.

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
Im in Wadena and the only thing on conventional here is the Fur n Trade and school busses and a few farmers, rest are on ARMER!

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
To be honest, I have not listened in a while to conventional stuff. Todd County and my hometown of Sauk Centre uses conventional NXDN. Pope county was last on VHF analog, but I haven't listened for a while