What or who is on a frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

I'm new to SDR radio and was wondering if there is a way to find out who is on a particular frequency? I've heard a number of stations and can't figure out who they are or were they are transmitting from. Any suggestions??

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to SDR radio and was wondering if there is a way to find out who is on a particular frequency? I've heard a number of stations and can't figure out who they are or were they are transmitting from. Any suggestions??

Posting your location might help. As an example in Canada we have a national data base where knowing the frequency, one can input this in fior your province and it will display licensed users. Radioreference also has a data base where most users are listed by frequency.

kma371

QRT

Search the database

slicerwizard

If you're using one of the $20 dongles or an Airspy, there are free databases that work with FMPx/DSD+ and show the nearest licensed transmitter on whatever frequency you're monitoring. That's typically who you're hearing.

seakayak

I am located in RI. My SDR radio is the SDRplay1. The software doesn't show anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.