What other Counties do u think I can Hear from my house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
I live in Easton PA I was wondering what other Counties do u think I can Hear from my house? I have all ready programed City of Allentown, City Of Bethlehem Northampton County local PD, Fire,EMS & PW same thing with all Lehigh County too. Also the same with Monroe County I am going to work on NJSP and all the same things for NJ local police, Fire and EMS and PW. I also have the Medevac frequencies in each of my banks for Lehigh and Northampton and Monroe County. I own a NEW BCD996XT model. I am still going to program in my radio a few other things MET ED and school buses and a few other things. but can someone give me a little bit of help on this?

Thanks
James

scott71

My guess is that you can pick up Berks, Schuylkill, Carbon & Bucks Counties. I'm using a basic indoor antenna that I picked up off ebay, one of those "slinky" antennas for a base scanner. Darn thing is so ugly I never thought it would work but had to try it just for fun. To my surprise that thing is amazing in what I'll pick up. Works way better than my stock antenna. Right now I can pick up all the surrounding counties to Berks and then some. But if your running and outdoor antenna you'll pick up the above list with ease. Post what ends up working for you, I'd like to hear your results.

JimBobTerp

thanks. I will give those all a try. I bet some of some of those frequencies already share with Northampton County or any other Counties i already have so I bet it will pick up what is close. But I will give it a shot Also do u have a list of New Jersey beside Warren County in New Jersey I can hear from my house? thanks I will keep u posted.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.