What program should I use to decode the following taklgroups?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
maybe they haven't even seen the donation yet since the paypal transaction is still pending.

I have not used paypal in a while. Does paypal offer alerts based on transactions? If so, you could set one up to know when they take ownership of the payment.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Hey before I get started, the email said fiftyfirst DSD+ Fast Lane release (DSD+2.395) Download your update here. email also said:

As always, this update is bound to generate support questions,
but we will be unable to answer everyone if private emails are used.
Instead, please use the Radioreference forums so that all fast laners
benefit from the answers.

My first question before I download anything is this: email says it's an update. The latest update. Does that mean that I should already have the free version installed on my computer? Or is this update the full blown program?

Appreciate it

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering what the benefit is of Fastlane other than "beta" updates before everyone else gets them? Are there any major added features? Their website is very sparse with info and much like humble I'm rather wary of ponying up the money considering the links and much of the info on the website is over 5 years old at this point. I just started using the free program alongside SDR# to decode straight P25 stuff

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering what the benefit is of Fastlane other than "beta" updates before everyone else gets them? Are there any major added features? Their website is very sparse with info and much like humble I'm rather wary of ponying up the money considering the links and much of the info on the website is over 5 years old at this point. I just started using the free program alongside SDR# to decode straight P25 stuff
IMO, the best justification for Fastlane is removing the need for janky virtual audio cables and SDR#. And the program gets updated from time to time. Well worth the $10 / $25.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Does that mean that I should already have the free version installed on my computer?

Yes. you need to download and extract the public version somewhere to your liking.

Then download the update and unzip its contents into the dsd public folder you already have set up.. After that, open dsdplus.exe and choose the Misc tab and download Newest Base Files.

1679141761650.png

It will download a zip file into the directory you launched dsdplus.exe from. It will contain these 5 folders and a ReadMe

1679141944860.png

The ReadMe

DSDPlus Fast Lane Base Files
----------------------------

This archive contains the following:

Executables folder:

FMP24.exe RTL SDR tuner/demodulator
FMPA.exe Airspy tuner/demodulator
FMPP.exe SDRPlay tuner/demodulator
FMP-Map.exe shows locations of tuned signals; relies on FMPx .csv license data files
LRRP.exe shows GPS location updates that have been decoded by DSD+
Survey.exe shows results of FMP24 spectrum survey

It is safe to copy all of these files to your DSD+ folder at any time.

DLLs folder:

lame_enc.dll used by DSD+ to create .mp3 audio recordings
rtlsdr.dll standard version of rtlsdr.dll; supports R828D tuners, supports bias tee control on V3 dongles
rtlsdr_FC0012.dll DLL known to properly support FC0012 tuners; to use, rename to rtlsdr.dll
airspy.dll Airspy interface
sdrplay_api.dll SDRPlay interface for 32 bit programs
libfftw3f-3.dll fast FFT library; used by FMP24, FMPA and FMPP
libusb-1.0.dll USB device support
msvcr100.dll used by other DLLs
msvcr90.dll used by other DLLs
msvcrt.dll used by other DLLs
pthreadVCE2.dll used by other DLLs

BatchFiles folder:

1R.bat run DSD+ in standalone mode for conventional and trunking systems
1Ra.bat run a second instance of DSD+ in standalone mode for conventional/trunking
CC.bat run DSD+ in control channel monitor mode
VC.bat run DSD+ in voice channel monitor mode
FMP24-CC.bat run FMP24; control first RTL SDR dongle
FMP24-VC.bat run FMP24; control second RTL SDR dongle
FMPA-CC.bat run FMPA; control first Airspy device
FMPA-VC.bat run FMPA; control second Airspy device
FMPP-CC.bat run FMPP; control first SDRPlay device
FMPP-VC.bat run FMPP; control second SDRPlay device

These files are provided as replacements for lost or damaged files
and as a reference for writing your own batch files.
Do not copy any of them to your DSD+ folder unless you have a good reason to do so.

ConfigurationFiles folder:

FMP24.cfg configuration file for FMP24.exe
FMPA.cfg configuration file for FMPA.exe
FMPP.cfg configuration file for FMPP.exe
LRRP.cfg configuration file for LRRP.exe
FMP-Map.cfg configuration file for FMP-Map.exe
Survey.cfg configuration file for Survey.exe

These files are provided as replacements for lost or damaged files.
Do not copy any of them to your DSD+ folder unless you have a good reason to do so.
Copying will destroy current configuration data!

DataFiles folder:

DSDPlus.networks DSD+ network data
DSDPlus.sites DSD+ site data
DSDPlus.frequencies DSD+ RF channel data
DSDPlus.groups DSD+ talkgroup data
DSDPlus.radios DSD+ radio/subscriber data
DSDPlus.P25data DSD+ P25 trunking systems data
DSDPlus.siteLoader DSD+ site loader feature data
FMP24.SurveyList spectrum survey control file for FMP24
FMP24.ScanList scan list file for FMP24
FMPA.ScanList scan list file for FMPA
FMPP.ScanList scan list file for FMPP

These files are provided as replacements for damaged or missing files.
Copying will destroy current data!

--

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Yes. you need to download and extract the public version somewhere to your liking.

Then download the update and unzip its contents into the dsd public folder you already have set up.. After that, open dsdplus.exe and choose the Misc tab and download Newest Base Files.

View attachment 138336

It will download a zip file into the directory you launched dsdplus.exe from. It will contain these 5 folders and a ReadMe

View attachment 138337

The ReadMe

DSDPlus Fast Lane Base Files
----------------------------

This archive contains the following:

Executables folder:

FMP24.exe RTL SDR tuner/demodulator
FMPA.exe Airspy tuner/demodulator
FMPP.exe SDRPlay tuner/demodulator
FMP-Map.exe shows locations of tuned signals; relies on FMPx .csv license data files
LRRP.exe shows GPS location updates that have been decoded by DSD+
Survey.exe shows results of FMP24 spectrum survey

DLLs folder:

lame_enc.dll used by DSD+ to create .mp3 audio recordings
rtlsdr.dll standard version of rtlsdr.dll; supports R828D tuners, supports bias tee control on V3 dongles
rtlsdr_FC0012.dll DLL known to properly support FC0012 tuners; to use, rename to rtlsdr.dll
airspy.dll Airspy interface
sdrplay_api.dll SDRPlay interface for 32 bit programs
libfftw3f-3.dll fast FFT library; used by FMP24, FMPA and FMPP
libusb-1.0.dll USB device support
msvcr100.dll used by other DLLs
msvcr90.dll used by other DLLs
msvcrt.dll used by other DLLs
pthreadVCE2.dll used by other DLLs

BatchFiles folder:

1R.bat run DSD+ in standalone mode for conventional and trunking systems
1Ra.bat run a second instance of DSD+ in standalone mode for conventional/trunking
CC.bat run DSD+ in control channel monitor mode
VC.bat run DSD+ in voice channel monitor mode
FMP24-CC.bat run FMP24; control first RTL SDR dongle
FMP24-VC.bat run FMP24; control second RTL SDR dongle
FMPA-CC.bat run FMPA; control first Airspy device
FMPA-VC.bat run FMPA; control second Airspy device
FMPP-CC.bat run FMPP; control first SDRPlay device
FMPP-VC.bat run FMPP; control second SDRPlay device

These files are provided as replacements for lost or damaged files
and as a reference for writing your own batch files.

ConfigurationFiles folder:

FMP24.cfg configuration file for FMP24.exe
FMPA.cfg configuration file for FMPA.exe
FMPP.cfg configuration file for FMPP.exe
LRRP.cfg configuration file for LRRP.exe
FMP-Map.cfg configuration file for FMP-Map.exe
Survey.cfg configuration file for Survey.exe

These files are provided as replacements for lost or damaged files.
Copying will destroy current configuration data!

DataFiles folder:

DSDPlus.networks DSD+ network data
DSDPlus.sites DSD+ site data
DSDPlus.frequencies DSD+ RF channel data
DSDPlus.groups DSD+ talkgroup data
DSDPlus.radios DSD+ radio/subscriber data
DSDPlus.P25data DSD+ P25 trunking systems data
DSDPlus.siteLoader DSD+ site loader feature data
FMP24.SurveyList spectrum survey control file for FMP24
FMP24.ScanList scan list file for FMP24
FMPA.ScanList scan list file for FMPA
FMPP.ScanList scan list file for FMPP

These files are provided as replacements for damaged or missing files.
Copying will destroy current data!

--
Your a lifesaver Dave. Really do appreciate your help.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
For some reason when I try to "Extract All" on the fastlane zip file into to the DSDPlus Public folder I get the following error and at this point I have never been asked to enter the zip file password? The only option I'm given is "extract all". I wonder if I need to update my zip program. Also I may not be logged on as administrator but it will usually ask for that pin when required.

Attachments

• Capture 101.JPG
    Capture 101.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Capture 101-2.JPG
    Capture 101-2.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Best thing to do in that folder is set it to show extensions. Makes it easier to know what is what.

1679152351792.png

For the 1r bat files, what are you using to unzip? Since the base files are not password protected, that leaves only the program you are using to unzip. I use 7-zip.

7-Zip downloads.

Personally, I do not like the default Windows stuff. I believe I read in other posts that people had issues using Windows unzip but I think that was more related to the files that were password protected.

You also do not have to unzip any files directly into your dsd directory. You can unzip into any folder, then go in that folder, Copy the said items, then go into dsd and Paste. Just quicker unzipping directly into the target folder.

1679152656706.png

BM82557

For some reason when I try to "Extract All" on the fastlane zip file into to the DSDPlus Public folder I get the following error and at this point I have never been asked to enter the zip file password? The only option I'm given is "extract all". I wonder if I need to update my zip program. Also I may not be logged on as administrator but it will usually ask for that pin when required.

I use 7 Zip from 7-Zip and you can enter the password

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
It is somewhat disappointing that the dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com won't even respond to an email after donation and that all support for problems and issues need to be addressed to radioreference forums for support. The radioreference forum guys are great but it does seem ODD. I can't get my fastlane zip file to extract and am never asked for the password I was provided with my donation. I know I will eventually sort this out but it's still an odd way of working on issues.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I can't get my fastlane zip file to extract and am never asked for the password I was provided with my donation.

Try the 7-zip. Pretty sure thats what dsd uses. . The base files do not require password but the fastlane update does and will prompt you for it..

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It is somewhat disappointing that the dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com won't even respond to an email after donation and that all support for problems and issues need to be addressed to radioreference forums for support. The radioreference forum guys are great but it does seem ODD. I can't get my fastlane zip file to extract and am never asked for the password I was provided with my donation. I know I will eventually sort this out but it's still an odd way of working on issues.
As I mentioned earlier, DSD+ is not managed by a group of people, but a single individual. If they handled support themself they'd be overwhelmed with emails and requests. TBH the forums will give you a better level of support, in a central location, with the ability to search the threads to look for answers. The people on here are very helpful and knowledgeable, often times more so than support at big businesses. Just my opinion.

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
I second @Whiskey3JMC recommendation, go with DSD+ Fastlane, I'm using it for a local state prison and works good.
Agreed! If you have a lot of agencies or traffic on one digital system, it's likely you will hear more with an SDR running DSD+FL parked on that system's cc than you will with a scanner!

DSD+FL controlling FMP24 lets you use a single dongle to track AND listen to all the frequencies the SDR has bandwidth for. It's a really nifty setup that doesn't break the bank!!!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
TBH the forums will give you a better level of support, in a central location, with the ability to search the threads to look for answers. The people on here are very helpful and knowledgeable, often times more so than support at big businesses. Just my opinion.

And if that single person works a 9 to 5, no one would receive any help during those hours. Here, in the forums, there are people around at all hours.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
DSD+FL controlling FMP24 lets you use a single dongle to track AND listen to all the frequencies the SDR has bandwidth for. It's a really nifty setup that doesn't break the bank!!!

DSDPlus in single dongle mode. CC here is 859.9375 and I am getting voice calls 5mhz away on 854.3125. It tunes wherever it needs to regardless of dongles bandwidth of (2.4 mhz)

1679157035536.png

1679157103210.png

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus in single dongle mode. CC here is 859.9375 and I am getting voice calls 5mhz away on 854.3125. It tunes wherever it needs to regardless of dongles bandwidth of (2.4 mhz)
Correct. What I meant to say is you will see all of the active frequencies transmitting within the dongles bandwidth at the same time, wherever it is tuned. .

Yes, DSD+ will tune the SDR as needed across the entire system as it follows the cc. I use talk group priority to determine which TG will get the audio.

I often get tired of hearing "Debbie Dispatch" constantly, so I just right click on her to lock her out (and can left click when she is displayed to bring her back if needed).

Just the radio and talk group info alone that's displayed is fascinating!!!

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
7-zip worked allowing password to be entered. I'm now reading the "notes" file and moving forward with that. I think I need to copy the uzipped extracted fastlane files into the DSDPlus public folder next but I'll read on before continuing. I currently have the DSDPlus public folder and DLLs files combined into one folder DSDPlus1p101.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Ok, well thanks for getting me this far. I think I've got the basic DSDPlus file with fastlane update file and dlls all into one. Have downloaded the zip file thru dsdplus.exe and maybe now ready to configure and see if I can listen in on the NXDN NEXEDGE 4800 Fire Dept site near me. Couldn't do that with SDRTrunk. I have 4 dongles connected to my pc to choose from. All have slightly different antennas. I'm only a couple of miles from the 2 towers. Here is the site and I already see a possible issue. None of the 4 frequencies are marked as control.