what program to use to upload to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4x4ford

what programs can i use to upload to my pro 106? im thinking about buying a premium subscription so i can upload to my scanner. is it worth it? im going to want anything in raytown missouri on my scanner. i want to listen to things other than police/fire/ems is that possible? any guides on how to upload using the software program too? thank you

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
You can use Butel ARC-500 software to program that scanner. It has RR support.
The Pro subscription is more the worth it. It's pretty easy with the software.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
$70.00 is a little steep for me right now, is there anything cheaper that you know of? something that comes with the subscription from RR?

There is no software programming that comes with the RR premium subscription.

The 3 choices of software packages for your scanner that will use the Web Programming feature of the RR premium subscription are WIN500, PSREdit500, and ARC500.

They all have free 30 day, fully functional, trial periods.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
what programs can i use to upload to my pro 106? im thinking about buying a premium subscription so i can upload to my scanner. is it worth it? im going to want anything in raytown missouri on my scanner. i want to listen to things other than police/fire/ems is that possible? any guides on how to upload using the software program too? thank you

PSREdit500
is my favorite. It's not free, but it does have a free 30-day trial period. After that a license it only $35.

PSREdit500 - Configuration Editor for the PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, and PRO-197 Scanners

KC3ECJ

I like Win97 for the Pro-163.

In your case it would be Win500. I haven't used Win500 myself so I don't know if there are major differences.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is no software programming that comes with the RR premium subscription.

The 3 choices of software packages for your scanner that will use the Web Programming feature of the RR premium subscription are WIN500, PSREdit500, and ARC500.

They all have free 30 day, fully functional, trial periods.

Incorrect; We have a deal with BuTel where RR resells ARC500, and when you do this, you get 2 free downloads for a period of 7 days. See the following links for more information;

https://www.radioreference.com/radioshack/?a=order

Radio Shack Programming Software Free Trial - The RadioReference Wiki

I have often wondered why Lindsay didn't trumpet this when the deal was made, and has made the page a bit tough to find. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.