What radio do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmatthews120

Update the scanner's database with Sentinel, enter your ZIP code, set your range to a value that will encompass Lawrence County, and scan. It's that easy. The db info is correct and works fine.
The data base is not correct. It says that they are all still analaog. When I click on the ICOORS part where it gives the DEC AND HEX it dousnt give the frequency and most of the alpha tags don’t match up to the frequency list.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
In order to get an updated database in the scanner, you need to download Sentinel. The scanner is likely due for a firmware update as well, which (you guessed it) requires Sentinel in order to perform the firmware upgrade.
You've been provided links earlier in the thread to get Sentinel. Once Sentinel is up to date on your PC, you need to write the update to the scanner..
Hex's And Dec's (TGID's :rolleyes:) in a department don't have a frequency, Sites have frequencies..

Site=frequencies
1619886018208.png
Department=TGID's
1619886107083.png
and some directions..

Links for Newcomers
If you're just starting out, these links are recommended reading:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The ICORRS entry for Lawrence County in the RRDB *appears* to be correct.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
The data base is not correct. It says that they are all still analaog. When I click on the ICOORS part where it gives the DEC AND HEX it dousnt give the frequency and most of the alpha tags don’t match up to the frequency list.
When a database admin tells you it's correct, they are typically right. What you are describing is a lack of familiarity with trunking basics, the links and info u2brent posted should help. Read it all and that should help bring you up to speed. When you look at the entry for a talkgroup, the decimal or hex talkgroup is all you need as the system and site frequencies are shared by everyone on the system. They are not unique per user/channel.

The information on the old analog channels persists for now as the switch to digital trunking was not long ago and sometimes the old channels can still be used in certain circumstances. Eventually as it is proven they are not, those entries will be deprecated from the database.

If you do as I asked and update the scanner, all this info will already be in your scanner and programming by hand won't be necessary. The entire up-to-date database will be on your scanner's SD card and by simply entering your ZIP code it will know where you are and scan the things local to you automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.