what scanner do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3strucking

I live in oconee county and mainly interested in being able to listen to GSP and Dept of public safety motor carrier compliance division. I am new to scanners and would like to make sure that I purchase the right one. Can someone please recommend which brand and model I need.

Last edited:

Stavro35

At the very least you need a digital scanner that will enable you to monitor digital Phase I communications. I have two that can do that GRE PSR 500 and the Radioshack answer to the GRE the Radioshack Pro106.

SCPD

QRT
Hi 3strucking : Did some checking in GA, If this is the County you live in, what's below.
them you will need a Digital Radio. (Sub-Category Details: Oconee County Name: Oconee County )
Hope this helps.

3strucking

I'm only interested in gsp and dmvs not any of the local gvts. So how will oarrs affect me?

Last edited:

N8IAA

I'm only interested in gsp and dmvs not any of the local gvts. So how will oarrs affect me?

You will eventually need a P-25 capable scanner to hear the GSP. If you read the complete thread on the GSP going digital, it will keep you informed as to what is happening. They have gone P-25 in some areas, and in others are using the new narrow band frequencies in analog.
Any GRE/RS digital scanner will work, as well as, Uniden 396XT and 996XT. Stay away from the new x36HP's.
So, read up as to what has been posted.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.