What scanner do I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxcrosson6

Hello I need help trying to figure out what scanner I need to use. I moved to Flordia about two years ago and was a volunteer firefighter in NY. I want to listen to Hillsborough county fire rescue and Hillsborough county sheriffs office. Thank you for trying to help me with this very much appreciated!

smokediver61

Feed Provider
Uniden SDS 200 or 100. Looks like they might be switching to P25 but most everything looks to be on the EDACS system.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Hillsborough is in the middle of switching over to P25 Phase II SIMULCAST. EDACS will be gone within months.
SDS100 or 200 is it.
Let me change that up, I checked with one of my FF buddies and they will still be using EDACS. So it looks like a 60/40 EDACS/P25 Simulcast. Still, an SDS100/200 is your best bet.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
HCSO and Tampa were supposedly going to switch to the P25 system by the Super Bowl, but that didn't happen. Every now and then TFR appears on the P25 system but their communications are very much alive and well on the EDACS system.

Maxcrosson6

Thank you all so much! So since they are in between systems should I wait until it’s all set in stone or could I listen to them now on the SDS 100/200 and just change the frequencies once they finally switch over?

zlandmedia

not that florida man
If you are willing to get an SDS100/SDS200 then by all means get it. Just program in both systems as favorites lists into sentinel so that you'll be ready to listen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.