What scanner does Santa carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I'd say a Pro-107 (or digital version maybe pro-108 - he is santa so he can get it made by the elves)
then he can change counties/cities easy.
Although too bad it's only programed for the US.

Guess elsewhere (here in canada) he uses the 396XT and close call.

I have heard of a Kringle NP3000 that is only available to NorthPole residents, and its rumored to have a world wide database pre installed from the factory with automatic updates everytime it gets within range of a wireless network.

Merry Christmas all!

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I bet he isn't a radio nerd. I also don't see the point of this thread.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Probably a Ho-106

(get your mind out of the gutter)

Maybe a 'Ho Ho Ho - 106'

N4JNW

I bet he isn't a radio nerd. I also don't see the point of this thread.

Why did you waste your time posting to contribute your nonsense to it then? There's lots of threads that may not have a point to you, but to someone else, they may.

PSR-600 in the sleigh is my vote though.

wb0wao

Nahhh, he is a "beta tester" for the GRE -1000 which has/does:

Analog/Digital Trunking to include MotoTRBO, OpenSky, ProVoice and NXDN

Integrated control channel decoding function for EDACS/LTR/Motorola as well as all supported trunking systems.

Removable SDHC card data storage (comes with a 32GB card)

Channels/Systems/TGID's/RID's limited only by the amount of memory of the card

Dennis

sjlamb

I think he's the more nostalgic type so, he obviously would use an old crystal scanner that receives everything, wherever he goes, because it gets sprinkled with magic pixie dust by a super hot elf chick in thigh high leather boots with six inch spikes along his route. Everyone knows this to be true.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Moved to the Tavern

While I agree that this doesn't belong in the Uniden forum, neither does it belong in the Icom forum. :lol:

Just for fun, you should consider that he probably does not have a scanner at all, but rather several all frequency SDRs that he uses to communicate with both air traffic control and the various security forces watching air space over the many distrusting nations of the world.

sjlamb

While I agree that this doesn't belong in the Uniden forum, neither does it belong in the Icom forum. :lol:

Just for fun, you should consider that he probably does not have a scanner at all, but rather several all frequency SDRs that he uses to communicate with both air traffic control and the various security forces watching air space over the many distrusting nations of the world.

An obvious attempt at a "cover" story. I'm sticking with the hot elf chick and pixie dust.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What Scanner Does Santa Carry?

Hey Steve, do you happen to have the GPS coordinates for Santas route? If you do, PM me with them.

FLRAILMAN

talkpair

Santa no longer carries a scanner after getting it confiscated last year.

He set off a home security system and authorities used a local scanner law to take it.

Now, he uses his phone to listen to streams from RR which are connected to the sleigh's audio
sound system speakers via bluetooth.......A mobile scanner, with base station sensitivity !

He runs a special application connected to a GPS unit which automatically connects his phone
to the nearest stream........it's all seamless and requires no interaction, so he can focus on
driving safely.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I'm a diehard Uniden user. I guess I just assumed this thread belonged here because I really can't imagine Santa using anything other than a Uniden.
Merry Xmas to all...It's almost here!!!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
He uses a radio that was custom built by a very famous communist radio inventor you've probably never heard of: Rudolph Unidensky.

Why, you ask? Well I am sure you've heard that...

Rudolph the Red knows Radio Gear.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what type of scanner(s) Santa was carrying... but I hope he didn't have any left when he got back to the North Pole as they are all under our trees now?! Merry Christmas! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.