What scanner to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank927

I'm looking to buy a handheld trunking scanner preferably from radio shack, just looking for something basic but not too basic i'm in Atlantic County, New Jersey. What would you recommend for me?

Thanks

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you don't receive a reply in a reasonable amount of time, ask the forum administrator to move your thread to the New Jersey forum where you may receive more site specific information. In the meantime, check the WIKI section on handheld trunking scanners, comparisons & reviews, also have you checked the frequency database for the state of New Jersey? Good luck & choose wisely.

FLRAILMAN

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking at Radio Shack equipment then the PRO-106 is the scanner you want to purchase. I use one for my travels to the Jersey shore. It has all of the bells and whistles you will need for going into the future.

The Atlantic County TRS as well State Police, GSP and local PD and Fire come in loud and clear.

Have fun

sjlamb

If you are looking at Radio Shack equipment then the PRO-106 is the scanner you want to purchase. I use one for my travels to the Jersey shore. It has all of the bells and whistles you will need for going into the future.

The Atlantic County TRS as well State Police, GSP and local PD and Fire come in loud and clear.

Have fun

Edited:

The "basic" scanner as you refer to it, will not cut it for thorough coverage of Public Service radio systems in your area if the RR Database is correct (and it probably is). It is reported that the Atlantic County EDACS TRS has most police agencies operating in "ProVoice" mode, which cannot be monitored by ANY scanner currently on the market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.