What scanner to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Premium Subscriber
I live in southern Kentucky in the Monticello, Wayne county area and very close to the Tennessee state line. I'm looking to upgrade finally to a digital scanner mostly to listen to the KSP. I would appreciate any suggestions as to the best and affordable scanner to buy. Thanks in advance.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
KSP is all digital, so you'll have to get a scanner that is capable of receiving digital signals. Unfortunately digital scanners are pricey.

I'd suggest something along the lines of the Uniden HP2 (HP1 if they are still available), Uniden BCD325P2 for portable or BCD996P2 for mobile. Whistler also makes digital scanners, but they are a little higher tier for the "modest" scanner, where the mentioned Uniden scanners are more basic. (Uniden does have high tier also).

gonefishn1

I suggest you go all the way and get the Uniden BCD536HP. And get the PROSCAN control software to go with it. PROSCAN is a really nice software package that you can try out for 30 days free!

whitty

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I knew I would have to go digital, just didn't know what model to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.