What Scanners will work after re-banding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JNW

Hi everyone. Yeah, I'm new, and I've been doing some reading about the big re-banding issue. The rebanding sticky is quite informative. I've been browsing and doing a little kicking around, and I cannot find a list of scanners that won't be affected by rebanding.

Right now the only "up to date" scanner I have is a Pro-97. I think I read it will be affected, but please correct me if I am wrong.

In a 7 or 8 months, I expect to be moving to a more urban area, which is covered by a trunked system. There are no digital systems close to me YET..

Should I just bite the bullet and buy a Digital / Trunking scanner once and forget it and be happy? Or should I just stick with my humble Pro-97?

I am not new to scanning, been doing it for years with a little handheld here and there, and I've had a couple base/mobiles. I know a bit about trunking, but am not really as savvy as some of you are. I hear the programming software makes programming talk group ID's, and all that other funky stuff easy as pie and you just essentially enter it in, send to the scanner, and enjoy your new programming.

Can you guys reccomend a good base scanner I can feel safe in keeping for awhile even after re-banding? Thanks!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Right now the Uniden 396 (handheld) and 996 (base) is going to be your best bet.

davidd2957

KG4LJF said:
Hi everyone. Yeah, I'm new, and I've been doing some reading about the big re-banding issue. The rebanding sticky is quite informative. I've been browsing and doing a little kicking around, and I cannot find a list of scanners that won't be affected by rebanding.

Can you guys reccomend a good base scanner I can feel safe in keeping for awhile even after re-banding? Thanks!

Hey KG4LJF...You should also check out this Wiki..." http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Rebanding "
which should answer your Rebanding questions.
David D.

Status
Not open for further replies.