What scanners will work with Faquier County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboywildbill

Premium Subscriber
Do any of the scanners work on their system ? And if so is the Home Patrol one of them?
I loaned my Home Patrol to a friend who lives in Faquier county and it doesn't pick anything up there. Thanks.

jim202

Do any of the scanners work on their system ? And if so is the Home Patrol one of them?
I loaned my Home Patrol to a friend who lives in Faquier county and it doesn't pick anything up there. Thanks.

The Fauquier County, VA is running a Motorola digital system that has been rebanded. It is not a P25 system.

If you go to the database on this site you can obtain all the information that you will need. it is a simulcast system, so depending on where you live, it might take a directional antenna to obtain good reception. Try it first before going to any fancy antenna system.

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Hi Jim, I live in Culpeper Ct. It along with Fauquier and Rappahannock Ct. simulcast. I also own a HP, and it works very well on this system. I assume that You have updated Your HPDB lately. The system did re-band not too long ago and the trunking tables did change. RR did the work which was passed along in the weekly DB update. Good Luck, don't give up on the HP as I find it to be a very good scanner. Mind You, I'm no expert, but I'm slowly learning ( - : Bob PS. I just use the supplied stock antenna.

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Jim,My post should have been directed to cowboywildbill. I mis-directed it. I imagine / hope He will read it though ( - : Bob

turnpike61

Ham and Electronics hobbyist since 1977.
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it will

Fauquier County uses APCO-25 using a Motorola Type II interface. The Home Patrol and any APCO-25 scanner will work here. I use my BCD-996XT here in Warrenton, and it works just fine. Because Fauquier just went through the "rebanding" process, perhaps the Home Patrol needs to have some of the main frequencies shifted from those the database provides. Do a search on the forums here and you'll see what is necessary. Good luck.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
I use a Uniden 996XT and a GRS 800 and they both work great for Fauquier however I prefer the 800. When Fauquier rebanded earlier this year, the 800 updated with no problem however I had the tweak the 996XT to get it to work. That was no big deal but I was impressed that the 800 updated with just a library download. The other advantage of the 800 is that it will pull in Loudoun County (at least it does in the Marshall area) and LCFR often responds into Fauquier. The Loudoun system only works on the PRS 800 ( the exception is that the Loudoun System does work with FDMA which is what Fauquier uses). So yes, any good digital scanner will work in Fauquier. I was in a Radio Shack today and I think they had their digital on sale for $339 (better check that to be sure but that is a good price). I am usually not a RS PRO fan but they seem to work well in Fauquier and you can go to the RS in Warrenton and see for yourself. They are good guys.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Fauquier County Trunk

I h ave Uniden 296, 396 and 796 work great with the rebanding properly programmed in the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.