What Services For Newsworthy Events Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

infohou

Hello Folks,

I again have a working 436HP. I did the zip code thing and am hearing all sorts of things from the west side of Houston. I am near Gessner and Westheimer.

As some may have read, I am going to try my hand at freelance news videography. I currently miss some transmissions and I think at least some of the time it is because I am scanning too many services. I need HPD, HFD, Harris County, and probably Fort Bend since I am close to those folks. Missouri City is not too far south so I will keep that as well.

I am thinking I can lose the schools because if anything major happens HPD will arrive. Is that correct? Same for Life Flight. What else can I skip?

BTW, I hear almost nothing from Westside HPD. I hear more Spring Valley then Westside. Anybody know why that may be?

And here we go again, the HFD robot is still partially garbled, usually when the address is given. Any idea on settings that may help that? And of course it is too literal, highway six one zero instead of Loop 610. And the cadence is screwy. AI folks like Mr. Kurzweil would laugh their a off!

Hope you folks have a fun and safe holiday weekend,
Robert A. Ober

infohou

Hello Folks,

I again have a working 436HP. I did the zip code thing and am hearing all sorts of things from the west side of Houston. I am near Gessner and Westheimer.

As some may have read, I am going to try my hand at freelance news videography. I currently miss some transmissions and I think at least some of the time it is because I am scanning too many services. I need HPD, HFD, Harris County, and probably Fort Bend since I am close to those folks. Missouri City is not too far south so I will keep that as well.

I am thinking I can lose the schools because if anything major happens HPD will arrive. Is that correct? Same for Life Flight. What else can I skip?

BTW, I hear almost nothing from Westside HPD. I hear more Spring Valley then Westside. Anybody know why that may be?

And here we go again, the HFD robot is still partially garbled, usually when the address is given. Any idea on settings that may help that? And of course it is too literal, highway six one zero instead of Loop 610. And the cadence is screwy. AI folks like Mr. Kurzweil would laugh their a off!

Hope you folks have a fun and safe holiday weekend,
Robert A. Ober

Y'all sleeping late or ignoring me? ;-)

Anyway, as I said in my SD card thread I did get the db updated and edited the favorites list. I did Avoid on schools and industry stuff. Still looking for guidance however.

Also, my brother is in Bacliff. The only thing I found is that Galveston County Constables cover Bacliff. There is a Galveston entry in one of the TXWarn entries but no info and I found nothing that says Galveston County Constables or Sheriff in what loaded into the scanner via the zip code method. No Bacliff entry as well. Anybody know how to make sure it will pickup Bacliff area police and fire?

Hope you folks are having some fun,
Robert A. Ober

teknishun

Bacliff does not have a police department because they are an unincorporated part of Galveston County. Police service comes from the Galveston County Sheriff Dept which you can find under TxWarn analog. They have not gone fully digital yet, even though there is a P25 digital Galveston County Simulcast site.
The closest tower to receive GCSO for Bacliff -- League City, Galveston, Texas City and the Alvin-Dickinson tower would all be good candidates for analog traffic. Bacliff does have a volunteer fire dept but I do not know the frequency. I think they may still be on conventional (non-trunked) frequencies and are dispatched out of Dickinson, even though Bacliff does have its own fire station. Hope this info helps, at least a little.

teknishun

You might be able to get some willing information about the Bacliff VFD frequencies here.
The local folks would probably be more than glad to help.

Bacliff Volunteer Fire Department
P.O. Box 751, Bacliff, Texas 77518

Chief James Westinghausen

Chief’s Cell (281) 642-9298

Station Phone (281) 339-2880

Email Address: bacliffvfd@verizon.net

Alternate Contact: Assistant Chief Chris Seymor

Cell Phone: (832)473-3307

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Any help with the above?

Thanks,
Robert

Say being a bit familiar with your area (I used to live just outside the Loop near Galleria now in boring and rain-less Arizona BOOOO!)

you might want to program TxWarn which is here Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

pay attention to the alert on that page about all systems going Phase II tdma P25 by Dec 2015. I would download/enter the Harris county constable offices talkgroups

since you are interested in media I would include the Harris Cty District Attorney Talkgroups as well

if you are able to receive Baytown and Deer Park talkgroups (not sure how far those can go out and its too late for me to research that) it may come in handy in case of an oil refinery emergency type call

You DO want "Harris County - Other Communities Talkgroups" since it has BellAire and Memorial Village police /fire/tactical etc

Check that database for more as there are many constable talkgroups and sheriffs talkgroups that would be useful to you. Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Dont limit your groups to just the police- like I said the D.A. can sometimes be a "gold mine" to journos.

sorry I did not notice you were asking about Bacliff- I will look myself in the morning unless someone else helps you out before I do

Is Deer Park an option for your brother/your brothers reception area? there is a SWAT and a Deer Park Police Crisis Negotiation Team which sounds interesting for a starting out journo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.