What should i purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the pro 96 and the pro 106 about the same price used which one should i purchase I had the pro 96 and loved it and had the gre 600 and was harder to use but can someone list pros and cons from there experience please?

Thanx

hoser147

Just to skim the surface, I have both scanners and use both daily. One big reason to go with the 106 is it has lots more channel space. Another reason to go with the 106 would be the fact that it is a newer model and if you have problems down the line, it will be much easier to get parts for, being the 96 is now a discontinued model and who knows how long parts will be available. The 106 for sure has more bells and whistles than its predecessor the 96, although I consider them both great scanners. Object oriented scanning that the 106 has is different from the old banks and channels of past scanners but works flawlessly. Here is more info on the scanners from the Wiki Digital Scanner Comparison Chart - The RadioReference Wiki
Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki BEST OF LUCK

DonS

One big reason to go with the 106 is it has lots more channel space.

Technically, the PRO-106 has slightly less space for channels and talkgroups than the PRO-96 (as long as we don't count "Virtual Scanner" space). The PRO-106 can effectively hold "more" than the PRO-96, though, since it's usually more efficient in how it stores and arranges data.

Thanx guys, I did chose the 106 for now, I am very happy with the sensitivity, no other scanner had this type of pick up that I can remember other than aor radios which are tip top receivers..

Hey thanks again friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.