What software do I use on the upgraded PRO-668 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2OVX

I received my PRO-668 back and it says Whistler now on the boot screen, but still says Radio Shack on the next screen with the model number of PRO-668

Does the scanner now require the Whistler software to program it ?

Will the Radio Shack software no longer work ?

I noticed that my county's Phase 2 digital simulcast X2-TDMA system, which didn't get more than 1 bar before the upgrade, now gets 4 bars and I get a S or T after the bars.
It keeps flipping back and forth between S and T.

Why is it doing that and what does the S and T mean ?

Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I received my PRO-668 back and it says Whistler now on the boot screen, but still says Radio Shack on the next screen with the model number of PRO-668

Does the scanner now require the Whistler software to program it ?

Your PRO-668 is now a WS1080 and you need to download and use the EZ Scan for that model of scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
From the upgrade instruction page on the Whistler web site:

“Once you receive your updated scanner back, you will need to use EZ-Scan for WS1080 Handheld to apply future updates to your scanner.”

KC2OVX

The DSP and CPU Update and the Control Demo links are broken. Files missing from drop box

jonsmth

"It keeps flipping back and forth between S and T. "

The "T" is indication that you're receivig a Trunked Signal. The "S" indicates the
Squelch Gate for the trunked signal is open. It don't know that it makes much difference on whether
you see the "S" or not, but on my PRO-668, converted to a WS-1080, scanner. When I increase the squelch, the S doesn't appear
as often. It doesn't seem to impact my receive capability at all.

WS-1080 Icons.jpg

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
The "S" icon without the black outline is the normal squelch gate, but the "S" icon with a black outline--which is what you're seeing on your upgraded scanner--is the DMR squelch gate. It usually appears just before the trunking control channel icon--that's the "T" with a black outline.

When the PSR-800 or PRO-688 is upgraded to a WS1080, you also get the DMR upgrade... attached is the new list of icons for your reference.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• NEW upgraded PSR-800-WS1080 Icons.jpg
    NEW upgraded PSR-800-WS1080 Icons.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.