What speaker do you use for Uniden Home Patrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I have some Motorola non powered and a cobra non powered speakers and they don't work. Do you need an amplified speaker for vehicle use and if so what do you recommended?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
What Speaker Do You Use For Uniden Home Patrol?

Does this speaker work any better on a Uniden Scanner then any other powered speaker since it's Uniden?.....

I also use one of those with my Uniden Home Patrol HP-1. It is a great speaker. In fact, if you shop around, you can get it for less. When I got mine from Wal-Mart, it was very reasonably priced, but it looks like they don't have them. I really like that it has a 90 degree 3.5 mm plug. It makes it easier to get the cord out of the way. Also, it has a stereo plug. That is important because the HP-1 has a stereo jack like the portable scanners have.

My first amplified speaker was the one from Radio Shack. It is a dandy speaker, but it is monoaural and has a straight plug. Thus, you need to use a stereo to mono adapter. Since it doesn't have a right angle plug, the cord and adapter looked hideous in my installation.

So, to answer your specific question, yes, the Uniden speaker does work better, at least for me, than at least one other amplified speaker. Now if you want to spring for something with a certain logo on it, like the Batwing /\/\, maybe the Motorola amplified speaker is better. Keep in mind, though, when it comes to Motorola. "You will never get better and never pay more!"

RadioShack Amplified Communication Speaker : Communication Speakers | RadioShack.com

External Speaker

Uniden BC23A 15W CB Exterior Speaker Stereo Plug for Scanner and CB Compact: Auto Electronics : Walmart.com

lawman210

Lol. Yeah I have 2 Motorola's not amplified for a cb and for a scanner. I may hold off and see how well the "new" Uniden 536hp performs when it comes out before getting a speaker for this one. I would say that the new one would be more suited for vehicle and thus send my HP1 appacking. Lol

lawman210

I did a search on Ebay for the Bc23A and it comes up as a scanner. The 15 Watt speaker comes up as Bc15. Did Walmart screw up the model number of this unit?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The BC15 is not an amplified speaker, and would not be suitable for using with a device's headphones out jack. I just did a search on EBay for BC23A and did not find anything scanner-related at all, including speakers. It does look like Wal*Mart does not carry the BC23A on line. This search should give you several alternatives:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en....0.153.809.9j2.11.0...0.0...1ac.1.LVb4B8q_Wl8

lep

I bought mine from Wal-Mart under their 'site to store' plan where you do NOT pay shipping but you have to pick it up at the store. Since my town has a regional wharehouse that only meant waiting until the next day. The price was considerably less than the MSRP. It works fine, I should have bought Two while they were still showing them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.