What the deal with the north tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundman

It is wed 6-9 none of my scanners are working I live in huntersville.Does anyone know if thay shut down the north tower .If so what tower do we have that I could still pick up all of medic, poilce, fire and so on .The south tower is to far and most of the stuff I get is a stacket .But you still can here them .Man that pisses me .

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
North Tower

I noticed the other week that the tower was down but shortly came back online. Here in Cornelius I can pick up the main site as well as the north site, if not better. I can also pick up the west site (or so I think). This morning I had the north site but this afternoon and this evening it's gone again. I din't know if it's officially gone yet or not.

Jon
N4ZVY

Soundman

the north tower

It's now back on line I think thy were working on it .I work for medic .I have several friends that work for cmed .Thy said thy were working on a broken line .That happen alot there .But I have notce that thy took down the codes for the north tower .So thy must be doing something .Hopefully thy will not get rid of the north tower.That would really suck .Thanks for the responce back.
Chris

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber
The "North Tower" is not going away. They are building a new tower off Babe Stillwell Farm Road that will replace the current system near 115 & 73 (I believe they rent space on the WDAV tower).

They are getting rid of the separate "North System" (separate group of frequencies). The integration of the whole system should allow you to use a single group of frequencies (or single CC) and move around the county without switching systems.

I live in Huntersville and monitor the South Tower on a regular basis. With the exception of a small area along Sam Furr Road, it picks up just as well as the current North Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.