what the F is going on in dona ana county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Last two weeks, constant DTMF tones being transmitted on the med 10 repeater. Often enough that it forced the dispatch center to move AMR dispatch to county VHF. (Why they didnt just unpatch med 10 from the 800 system and exclusively use the 800 is beyond me, not 100% certain all the trucks have all 3 radios)

Today, similar constant DTMF going over county fire. It seemed to have started AFTER a major incident, so luckily no interference with that.

I dont know specifically that its malicious interference, but theres not really any valid reason to be testing anything with DTMF rather then voice or carrier.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
It has been looked into and is someone goofing off. It's being looked into.

Not everyone has the 800 equipment. Seems the clown has been attempting to follow them when they move to something else and you are referring to the Taylor valley incident? Yes that was a really bad 45 with a 10-7.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Well good thing the data base gives you all the info needed to program up a radio so the whackers can cause trouble. :rolleyes: Problably another clown with a WOWFANG $30 dollar web special. I never understood why RR posts the input and PL tones? Scanners only need the RX and RX PL. Oh well I guess this is why all of Dona Ana is moving to the state system with FULL AES encryption. More departments will follow across the state and I bet we continue to see more full time encryption used.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
It seems like there is a lot of interest in sirens and how to trigger them lately! I hope we're not passing along help to some ANTIFA people!
That occurred to me early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.