What the heck do I do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Here's a frustrating problem. I have a 40 inch LCD flat screen that's been sitting in my closet for years now - when I moved, the idiots broke the stand for the TV, and there's no way to replace it (it's no longer being made, and the manufacturer says its out of stock and no longer available)

It's really a bit too big to use in my small living room, and mounting it on a wall - attractive as that might be- is not an option. I can't get rid of the bloody thing - I offered to see it cheap (no takers). I looked up disposal services and they all want $$$ to come and pick it up (don't suggest Best Buy - there's no way I can lift it into my tiny car...)

While that might be my last resort, I'm trying to find less expensive alternatives. Mounting it on a piece of furniture is an expensive possibility, particularly since I don't even know if the thing still works.

I live in the DC metro area. Thoughts? Mike

prcguy

It should have a fairly standard screw hole pattern on the back for wall mounting and many current TVs have stands that mount to the back. Maybe you can find someone who wall mounted theirs and have the stand left over.

I'm sure if you put an ad in Craig's list for free someone will take it.
prcguy

Here's a frustrating problem. I have a 40 inch LCD flat screen that's been sitting in my closet for years now - when I moved, the idiots broke the stand for the TV, and there's no way to replace it (it's no longer being made, and the manufacturer says its out of stock and no longer available)

It's really a bit too big to use in my small living room, and mounting it on a wall - attractive as that might be- is not an option. I can't get rid of the bloody thing - I offered to see it cheap (no takers). I looked up disposal services and they all want $$$ to come and pick it up (don't suggest Best Buy - there's no way I can lift it into my tiny car...)

While that might be my last resort, I'm trying to find less expensive alternatives. Mounting it on a piece of furniture is an expensive possibility, particularly since I don't even know if the thing still works.

I live in the DC metro area. Thoughts? Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.