What to do with a 7/800 radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShift

I have a pair of Moto APX 6000 radios that I used for a contract job. It's over now and I still have my very expensive bricks. What should I do? Trade or sell them? Hold on to them until some WA agency gives me a reason to, at least, use them as a scanner? I welcome your input.

IMG_0401.jpg

zz0468

QRT
Banned
What you can do with them will depend on how they're optioned. If you plan on selling them, be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions. I'd start by going back to the vendor who sold them to you.

trumpetman

Database Admin
If they're already on a system, least you can do is use the radios as a scanner until you find out what you want to do with it. If you're not already on a trunked system, or if it was unprogrammed, I don't see a reason for keeping it. There are only 40 conventional 700/800 frequencies listed in use for WA. Gaining access to a trunked system on your own is nearly impossible as well (I wouldn't risk bricking a new APX).

I vote sell it, or trade it for something you'll find more use in if you still are involved in comms.

I'll gladly take it as a donation though, as this advice doesn't come cheap ;) haha.

BlueShift

They aren't programmed anymore. I was using them on a trunked system then the contract ended and the techs blanked 'em and gave them back. I'm not a comms guy either, so what kind of technical questions should I expect?

BlueShift

Consensus seems to be sell them. So if none of the offers in my inbox pan out, I'll move this to the classifieds thread. I appreciate the input guys.

Last edited:

BlueShift

Thanks Mike.
So, I have two more available for sale with some cool accessories. I prefer locals but I'll move this to the classifieds tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.