What towers do i program in to listen to the State wide tac channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruber

Can any one help me figure out what tower i need to program in to listen to channels like L tac1 and all the state interop channels in Minnesota.

Thank You!

Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
What is your location? That will be the most important thing to determine what towers you need to program.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Program in the site(s) your scanner can hear. If your scanner can't hear the site you won't hear any traffic no matter what is being broadcast from the site.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Just put in the control channels into the scanner for your area. I think you use ID scan then (someone correct me if I am wrong). Might be ID search. I have a 396T and this is how I did it on that. Now with the 436, I just put in my zip, select services, and listen to everything in my area.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Control channel is a frequency that carries only data, no voice traffic. Your scanner "listens" to this frequency to know what voice channel to tune to for a particular talkgroup.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

dgruber

how to program control channles

so what dose bearcatrp mean when he/she told me to program in the control channels?

wtp

database

in the data base (armer system) for your county,there are frequencies listed in blue. these are the possible control channels for the system. they are blue because they change (probably every 24 hours)
one of them will have what sounds like a diesel motor on a high rev.
that is the control channel.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
yes. Am not familier with that scanner but i just put the control channels (red and blue) for P25 system. This is for my 396T.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
i use the BCD396XT

Do you currently receive anything from the ARMER system on your scanner?

For example are you able to hear Dakota Fire, Eagan police and so on?

If you are able to hear Dakota county agencies, then you have the correct tower(s) programmed. Rather, you need to program the Talkgroup IDs for the L-TAC channels.

This information is found at the following in Statewide Interoperability Talkgroups:

Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.