What Type Of Antenna(s) is this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

There is a place of business right across the street from me.. It's a plumbing company, I KNOW they use radio's daily because I have had them here a time or two and they've used them, However, I have NEVER been able to find what frequency they use yet in three years..I am thinking it's the local trunked system here in town but I'm not a 100% sure yet..So I went out today and took pictures of their three antenna's they have up. I need someone to tell me what kind they are so that I will know about what range to search in.. I'm thinking they're 400 MHZ Yagi's but I'm not for sure...Can someone ID these antenna's in this pic(s)?

The first one is different, I think it's an FM antenna, Not sure what for though.. The others, Yagis?? 24 elements? 400MHZ?

Thanks...

Attachments

• tenna.JPG
    tenna.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 183
  • tenna (1).JPG
    tenna (1).JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 160
  • tenna (2).JPG
    tenna (2).JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 152
  • tenna (3).JPG
    tenna (3).JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 125

SLWilson

Looks like....

That 1st antenna "looks like" a DB201 VHF Hi band antenna. Although, it's a little out of focus on my screen, it could be something else, but, what I can see of it, that's what I think it is....

The others are Yagi's. But, I'd guess the freq range to be VHF Hi instead of UHF....

Again, those are guesses on my part.

Did you try looking up the company by name on the FCC website? Im's sure that if they have THAT MANY antennas, they have a license of some sort....

Steve/KB8FAR

btritch

I looked it up, They don't have a license listed, That's what led me to believe they were on the leased 400 mhz system but I could be wrong, I've not found them anywhere else.. I know the people that own, I don't talk to them much but I know what their names are and it's not listed under them either, I can tell you who it is, it's Roto Rooter....

KJ4FWA

Well... they could lease tower space out... they could be SCADA arrays... there all over here... OR they could be for a Private Rented radio system. go to qrz.com and type in your Zipcode in the name search and you'll see all the licenses in your area... may get lucky that way

nd5y

Yes, business like that (in AR where there is no T-band use) would be 450-470 MHz.

QRZ.com is an amateur radio web site. They don't have FCC data for any other services.

Most likely they use a shared UHF 460 MHz repeater called a CR (community Repeater). A business entity licenses a commercial repeater and then rents usage on the repeater to several businesses, each business has their own PL tone to limit the amount of traffic they each have to listen to. It operates like an old time telephone party line with each user having to take their turn. Check for UHF licenses with FB6 as the station class. CR's were popular in the 70's and 80's, still quite a few in areas that won't support a SMR trunked system.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Eeeesh, why are you all guessing when there is no way to know anything about the radio systems without asking the owner and using those clues for further research? Yeah, all he knows is push the button and talk but finding out who installed it points you to the next guy to ask.

All that may be determined by looking at the antennas is the turnstile is an FM broadcast antenna for office background music and the two Yagis are 450MHz UHF and are aimed at a repeater site.

btritch

Most likely they use a shared UHF 460 MHz repeater called a CR (community Repeater). A business entity licenses a commercial repeater and then rents usage on the repeater to several businesses, each business has their own PL tone to limit the amount of traffic they each have to listen to. It operates like an old time telephone party line with each user having to take their turn. Check for UHF licenses with FB6 as the station class. CR's were popular in the 70's and 80's, still quite a few in areas that won't support a SMR trunked system.

It's actually a repeater system set up like you say, A commercial repeater system, It's a 400 MHZ UHF LTR system... But I'm not sure what LTR TG they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.