what we can stream over our scanner and what you can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
Who makes the rules up on this ? For the 2 days there was feed streaming a live standoff an only the standoff and no one took that scanner feed down but you took a scanner feed down that was streaming the riots in Kenosha. There seems to be double standards with this. If you search for school bus and schools streaming live you will find multiple live streams which is against policy. There are lots of feeds out there streaming tac channels, How do you think the media picks up information from your web site. There is nothing wrong under the first amendment saying you can not media stream, to be honest it is against the law to tell someone that they can not stream under the first amendment rights. If there is anything inportant that pd does not want you to hear the encrypt the radio so you can not hear them, its funny because late at night the DEA comes in nice and clear when they are following someone. So I am just saying if we are going to follow your policy on tac channels then you need to look at all the streams because a lot of feeders are streaming tac channels.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Report the feeds that are doing that. Being vague in a post won’t help eliminate the issue.

a417

U+0000
Who makes the rules up on this ?
Owner of the website.
For the 2 days there was feed streaming a live standoff an only the standoff and no one took that scanner feed down but you took a scanner feed down that was streaming the riots in Kenosha. There seems to be double standards with this. If you search for school bus and schools streaming live you will find multiple live streams which is against policy. There are lots of feeds out there streaming tac channels, How do you think the media picks up information from your web site.
Report the violators, that's what the system is in place for.
There is nothing wrong under the first amendment saying you can not media stream, to be honest it is against the law to tell someone that they can not stream under the first amendment rights.
[citation needed]

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Who makes the rules up on this ?

Lindsay Blanton, the founder and CEO of Radio Reference...

JDrisc3480

Who makes the rules up on this ? For the 2 days there was feed streaming a live standoff an only the standoff and no one took that scanner feed down but you took a scanner feed down that was streaming the riots in Kenosha. There seems to be double standards with this. If you search for school bus and schools streaming live you will find multiple live streams which is against policy. There are lots of feeds out there streaming tac channels, How do you think the media picks up information from your web site. There is nothing wrong under the first amendment saying you can not media stream, to be honest it is against the law to tell someone that they can not stream under the first amendment rights. If there is anything inportant that pd does not want you to hear the encrypt the radio so you can not hear them, its funny because late at night the DEA comes in nice and clear when they are following someone. So I am just saying if we are going to follow your policy on tac channels then you need to look at all the streams because a lot of feeders are streaming tac channels.
Do you know how many feed providers there are on here? I don't but I can guarantee that there are so many that it is impossible for all the administrators to monitor them all. Plus they have other things to do (like jobs) then monitor feeds looking for violators. That is why there is a way for listeners like us to report feeds that violate the policies. Think of it like speeding. Speeding is a traffic violation but people do it. They do it because they know there is not enough law enforcement personnel to catch everyone. Plus the limited personnel have better things to do, than to try to catch people speeding. Same concept applies here.

wtp

thomas, there could be more going on.
let's assume that the site does NOT stream tac channels or any law talk group.
that is the rule.
now, if like in my county they keep the traffic on the main channel, you have to know that they did that.
for my own county this is how it is done ALL THE TIME.
so even with the tac channels locked out, you get to hear all the good stuff going on.
probably not the best, but it is how they do it.
i guess it is so no one gets lost on a channel change...?

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
There is nothing wrong under the first amendment saying you can not media stream, to be honest it is against the law to tell someone that they can not stream under the first amendment rights. I

These kind of rants always make me laugh. RR is PRIVATE PROPERTY, and the First Amendment prevents the GOVERNMENT from abridging speech. It says NOTHING about individuals or entities. If you don't like it, you are free to complain, and then move on. There is no difference between RR (or Facebook, eBay, et. al.) making rules that may seem arbitrary or unfair to you, versus you telling someone who spouts a political view you don't care for to get the hell out of your home. If you hear channels in violation of RR clear policies, then report them. Pretty simple.

Reconrider

If you hear channels in violation of RR clear policies, then report them. Pretty simple.
We all know he won't do that. It's the "admins" jobs so "Why should he do it".
If he sends another reply, it'll be fake lol

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The guy stuck in a building surrounded by police will benefit less from a scanner feed, than a bunch of rioters on the move in a fluid situation..

Not gonna lie, if riots ever happen in my feed area, and get bad enough. I'll pull it myself. Admins won't have to.

pb_lonny

The guy stuck in a building surrounded by police will benefit less from a scanner feed, than a bunch of rioters on the move in a fluid situation..

Not gonna lie, if riots ever happen in my feed area, and get bad enough. I'll pull it myself. Admins won't have to.

And that is the mature way to look at it / handle it...

Status
Not open for further replies.