What would I need to listen to Henderson, NV PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesMatt134

I am new to scanners and would like to purchase my first one. I’d like to be able to listen in on dispatch and law enforcement in Henderson, NV. I’d like to know if anyone who may know or has done some research on this could tell me if it’s encrypted or available to listen to and what kind of scanner I’d need to listen in.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
If you look over the Clark County page you can see what entities are on conventional channels and which are on trunked systems. Clark County has a LOT of trunked systems of several types. Most of the law enforcement is on the Southern Nevada Area Communications Council (SNACC) with only a few channels encrypted. So you want a scanner that can decode Project 25 Phase I. Most businesses in the area are DMR so you may want that also. Most high-end modern scanners will monitor these modes. Some require an upgrade to decode DMR.

JamesMatt134

If you look over the Clark County page you can see what entities are on conventional channels and which are on trunked systems. Clark County has a LOT of trunked systems of several types. Most of the law enforcement is on the Southern Nevada Area Communications Council (SNACC) with only a few channels encrypted. So you want a scanner that can decode Project 25 Phase I. Most businesses in the area are DMR so you may want that also. Most high-end modern scanners will monitor these modes. Some require an upgrade to decode DMR.
All I’m really interested is listening to Henderson PD, is there a recommendation for a scanner that could do this?

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Depends on your budget. As posted above there are many that can trunk and follow the SNACC Clark County system. Henderson PD is still mostly in the clear. That may change? You need a digital scanner that can do APCO P25 Phase 1. Expect a price range from $300-$700. Ebay might find one? Whistler 1040/ Uniden BCD-436HP/ BCD-536HP/ SDS-100/ SDS-200/ others from Radio shack Pro-197/ Pro-106. Check classified here click on the tab. If you find one let me know I live in Henderson I can help program it.

Status
Not open for further replies.