What would it be worth? VX-150 VHF + accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVPI4Ever

This is not an ad FOR SALE or WANTED. I am just trying to get feelers to determine value.

Ok guys. Lost my job (forced to resign) after 2 weeks on the job as a result of my starting a HARMLESS thread on here and the clueless brass finding out about it 2 days later. Wont discuss details in public on this forum as the brass now has my username on this board. Id like to thank Lindsay and admin Scott for trying their best to help me out. Most of my expenses were spent on moving between quitting my former job for this one that I got bounced from and I have not even been paid for that yet and funds are running dry, fast.

Anyhow, I think some of the toys got to go and I need to know what they would be worth to someone on here who can appreciate amateur radios, etc.

Right now I am considering selling the following:

NOTE: Everything was bought new and lightly/gently used

Vertex VX-150 VHF radio (MARS/CAP modified from factory).
Yaesu speaker mic (MH-34)
Vertex desktop rapid charger (CD-16)
AC Adapter for Rapid Charger (PA-23B)
Leather swivel case with unsnapable belt loop (LCC-150S/TT)
ADMS-1F programming software with cable from RT Systems

I could even program this radio so its ready to go once it gets to someone. If I decide to sell, I will sell as a package.

I would like to get as much as possible as I am damn near broke due to some (insert choice word here) brass who doesnt want people listening in and has no clue about this hobby. Any help in this desperate situation is helpful guys. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
$175-$200 would be my guess.

Sorry to hear about your job. The "brass" can kiss all of our a$$es over it.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Considering the price of the unit new, for your spread above somewhere in the $150-175 range is about it.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I agree with the others. I have one of these and most of the accessories you have. PM me if you're interested in selling it. I know a new ham that could benefit from a complete package.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Been in your shoes. Best of luck to you.

CVPI4Ever

I will prolly sell for $200.00 + shipping when I get ready to.

all that was posted was alpha-tags for talk groups...he was afraid it could be used to hack into the 800MHz system.

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
CVPI4Ever said:
I will prolly sell for $200.00 + shipping when I get ready to.

all that was posted was alpha-tags for talk groups...he was afraid it could be used to hack into the 800MHz system. If he would have done his homework he would have found out it wasnt the case and isnt possible

I think I would fight that.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
CVPI4Ever said:
all that was posted was alpha-tags for talk groups...he was afraid it could be used to hack into the 800MHz system.

My personal thoughts aside, that would be a fightable firing...provided you aren't on probation.

CVPI4Ever

I wasnt fired. I was told to resign or be fired so I chose to resign. I was on probation but I dont think the punishment fits the crime. Nothing that can be done now except start selling stuff to HOPEFULLY get by. Since the information posted was harmless I would have expected a write-up or suspension at the most but some folks are cruel and would rather toss someone on the street.

Last edited:

STiMULi

We just don't want to ruin any chance of your future employment elsewhere as I would hazard to guess that they are reading this now so...

TTFN

CVPI4Ever

STiMULi said:
We just don't want to ruin any chance of your future employment elsewhere as I would hazard to guess that they are reading this now so...

TTFN
TTFN? whats that mean? I dont understand why they would still be reading anything on here. I made good on my promise to have the info removed. Paying someone to surf around on the RR Forums is a waste of taxpayer $$.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.