• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

What would you do....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Firerescue3120

A friend of mine asked me this question... so here it goes:

If you we're going out with a girl (Five years or more) and she told you that a year before you went out with her, she had a sex change operation? How would you feel and what would you do?

Joseph11

I would go insane, probably. There was an episode of Law and Order: SVU about something like that.

F

Firerescue3120

Yeah, I probably would too... Not only is it gross to think that's what you've been with, but it's also the person that you've loved for a while. So it's sort of like a catch22. Eitherway, your effed.

Scram

I would probably end it right than and there with him.. because he is not a she even if she had an operation, that's just an external orface that was changed, nothing else..
Augghhhh

btw, was it seriously a friend, or did it happen to you?.. Most of the time someone posting because a friend asked happened to that person posting.. Not saying you're lying though!

pathalogical

I don't know what I would do, but someone needs to congratulate the doctor on a job well done. To have that person in your face, in your hands, in your arms, in your mouth and not ever once say to yourself "Something isn't right". I definitely would NOT go around telling friends and family as I'm sure they have met him-now-her. A prompt visit to your family doctor for every kind of STD test, especially hiv/aids, and proper advice/counselling, cuz you never know what that person was doing (previous partners/drug use) before the operation. With only 11 posts to your name, I would say there are more appropriate forums for your question and more reasonable answers or solutions for your "friend". Good luck.

mciupa

DB Administrator
Firerescue3120 said:
A friend of mine asked me this question...

UH , yeah right :roll: , you should ,I mean your friend should ask what else haven't you told me ? I would shower until my skin fell off. :mad:

RESCUE4NFD

What Would You Do ?

I would go to my closet and get my "Tin Foil" hat,and make Her/He wear it scuba diving with Stingrays !!

flyingwolf

Wow, I had no clue that this group was such a bunch of uptight buttholes.

Sorry to be so blunt, but seriously, your going out with this perosn for 5 years or more, you just now find out they had a sex change (becuase they want to be totoally honest with you and feel you are a trust worthy person), and instead of a bit of caring and concern and love for this person you have shared 5 years of your life with, you say, kick her in the nuts blah blah blah.

Folks, people get sex chnages, not because they are perverts or because of some sexual fantasy, and to be perfectly honest with you, a good 70% have never had sex to begin with, let alone done drugs or other things.

See before you speak you should know.

Before a person is eligable for a sex change they have to be completely drug free (including random testing) completey pass a psych exam (though they do have to admin to a gender identity disorder in order to qualify for the surgery, so they have to be mentally healthy, WITH a mental proble, I know makes no sense) and a battery and host of other test before they can even begin to live for a ful year as the other sex, BEFORE the operation canbe scheduled, sometimes up to a YEAR or more after they have already lived as the opposite sex for a year.

I'm sorry but this type of ignorant and totally stupid responses just tick me off.

Now the question was, what would I do.

Really I am two ways about this.

In the one I would have a serious set down with them about being honest with a person up front, and since I want kids (and that no longer possible with this person) we would seriously need to consider adoption, or surrogacy, but that would have to be talked about, and couciling would most likely have to happen, as there would be allot of distrust, having been born one gender, then being transformed into another does not make you dirty, or wrong, frankly it makes you EXTREMELY brave, think of the surgeries these people must go through, here is one for the guys to think about, Adams apple reduction. This isnt done in one procedure, they SLOWLY scrape away the outer later of adams aple, to make it appear less visible, talk about allot of pain simply to feel complete again.

Think about people before you say stupid stuff people.

Oh and my second one, since I want to be with a woman and have kids, I would have to tell them I am sorry, but since you werent up front with me at first, we cannot be together as lovers, friens yes, lover, I am afraid not.

And before it is asked, no i am not transgender, or transsexual, I feel I was born into the right body, I am just an open minded person who thinks and researches before he speaks.

All spelling and grammer mistakes are copyrighted ME.

:edited out some of my vulgarity, it simply wasnt needed:

Last edited:

nexus

dude.... *shakes head*

this is SO NOT the kind of thread I came here to look for... ugh... bad visuals.... ugh

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Was [ Adam's Apple ] reconstruction also a part of this surgery package?

And....is this she-he a scanner fan? (mandatory site question inserted here). { pun intended on the insertion thing....sorry}

car2back

There's been alot of odd threads in the Tavern, but I think this one takes the cake!

seriously, A real, working relationship is based upon Trust & Honesty. He/She/whomever has been lying to "your friend" all this time. I'd seriously consider kicking theis person to the curb simply for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.