What would you want to Listen to on my feed?

What would you like to hear on My Live Feed?

• Peel Police Only

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Mississauga Fire Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brampton Fire Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brampton and Mississauga Fire Only

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • OPP Mississauga only

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Peel Police & Miss & Brampton Fire Only

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Peel Police and OPP Mississauga Only

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Everything?

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Not Interested shut it down?

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Tell me what you would like to listen to on my Live scanner feed In Peel Region? Police, Fire, OPP?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is having problems listening to this feed please let me know, I have been doing a bit of work trying to clean up the static on the radio...

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
pathalogical said:
Can't install easystream (PC way to old). Since I don't have a digital scanner, I would like to hear anything OPP.

You can't install easystream but yet you would like to hear OPP? Easystream will work on older machines.. I am running the server on a old Pentium 200MMX unit.. Software is suppost to be compatable with Me and 98.... Not sure what your running...

pathalogical

Chrome69 said:
You can't install easystream but yet you would like to hear OPP? Easystream will work on older machines.. I am running the server on a old Pentium 200MMX unit.. Software is suppost to be compatable with Me and 98.... Not sure what your running...
Windows 95........................ok...you can stop laughing now !

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
so what type of machine? Yes i see its only compatible with Windows 98/ME/XP/2000

Last edited:

pathalogical

Chrome69 said:
so what type of machine? Yes i see its only compatible with Windows 98/ME/XP/2000
HP Pavilion 8175, 233MHz processor, 6gig hard drive, 4gig free space remaining. Bought it Nov 1997 and at that time a 266MHz was the fastest you could get. Never ever had any problems with it, rock solid PC and will definitley go HP next time. Never had a virus either. As long as I can email (and post on RR !) I don't see an immidiate need to purchase a new PC, but eventually that day may come. Since I can't even update my browser, the only thing I miss is being able to do online banking, have to use phone banking, but just as easy.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
acosell said:
What, no EMS?

Well to be honest i never thought of that one as its not one of my personal choices to listen to.. Sorry guys forgot that one completely.. I usually only listen to OPP and Peel Police with the odd time listening to fire as well.. He is a question? Will their be a problem if i put OPP online? I have heard some rumblings that they don't like that too much, not that i can see any of them liking it...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't see the problem. They're the same as every other public safety agency.

What's the difference? There's other streams online that include them.

Chrome69 said:
Well to be honest i never thought of that one as its not one of my personal choices to listen to.. Sorry guys forgot that one completely.. I usually only listen to OPP and Peel Police with the odd time listening to fire as well.. He is a question? Will their be a problem if i put OPP online? I have heard some rumblings that they don't like that too much, not that i can see any of them liking it...

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I have added EMS with the fire now and will remain on thier with fire and consider EMS part of Fire....

jellotor

Are you asking if you should expect a visit from the men in the black SUVs? Seriously, the infamous rule 'discrete is elite' applies yet again. Kind of difficult if you want people to listen in, but one must make sacrifices if one wants to protect one's behind.

Personally, I can't understand why any police service would have a problem with scanner listeners, online or not, listening in on regular ops traffic. Surveillance and super-seekrit stuff I can understand, but anything that helps the public understand your job helps you do your job.

...I hear black helicopters...

slipslope

IdleMonitor said:
I don't see the problem. They're the same as every other public safety agency.

Actually, if you listen to these feeds for a while, you start to have a new respect for our emergency services personel. There is a lot of bad stuff that happens, that never makes the news... The only thing that concerns me is when CPAC information is broadcast over the air. I've heard a lot of private information that shouldn't be broadcast over unencrypted airwaves.

PS, I vote anything OPP :)

va3aw

Premium Subscriber
Just installed the software, and am enjoying your live feeds. Thanks for setting it up. Personally I like the fire and police feeds for Mississauga/Brampton.

Mike
VA3AW
Georgetown

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys the feedback is great.. The only thing is, it seems a more of you want everything and i will tell you now Peel Police is busy and will hog alot of the live feed up so you wont hear as much EMS or OPP or Fire.....

My whole reason for getting back into scanning was to listen to police and fire and hear whats actually going on within Brampton and Mississauga, as i have learned unless someone was stabbed or shot, it doesn't make it on to City TV News... And nightly i hear of calls for peel police for shots fired.. Plus on Sunday night we had a 2 alarm house fire in the Mavis and Derry Rd area but not a single F@#king word on the news about it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.