whats 155.3700 corpus Christi area,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croaker90

What is 155.3700 FM

I hear them alot in Corpus saying attention all officers, DPS Officers be on lookout for.... (drug trafic trailers, escaped suspects, kidnaping) I hear alot of them saying be on lookout for a reffer truck going to depart from Mexican border at 2300 hrs....

What are they? Is it a US Marshall service? or a Emergency Broadcasting?

Thanks, Croaker.

bpckty1

Also called Texas Law 2. VHF statewide interoperability.

Oops, did I use the "I" word?

;^>

Croaker90

Ok, thanks.

Yea about 7 mins ago I heard them again telling Nueces, San Pat. and Aransas Counties to be on lookout for a van guy called said hes going to the Rockport / Fulton area to a beach to kill himself.

He didn't state how he would kill himself.

It is probably just another false alarm, but if not, it will be in the news.

RodStrong

Croaker90 said:
Ok, thanks.

Yea about 7 mins ago I heard them again telling Nueces, San Pat. and Aransas Counties to be on lookout for a van guy called said hes going to the Rockport / Fulton area to a beach to kill himself.

That would most likely indicate Intercity is still alive and well down there. Good snag.

Croaker90

Intercity is what?

Is it only for like important situations and emergencies? I assume all units have a radio set to it then, since it says "Attention ALL officers..."

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Croaker90 said:
Intercity is what?

Is it only for like important situations and emergencies? I assume all units have a radio set to it then, since it says "Attention ALL officers..."
As others noted, it's a statewide interoperability frequency. All law enforcement agencies, whether state, county, or local, can and often do use it to pass along information across their areas. Could be a wanted suspect or vehicle alert, an Amber alert, a missing/overdue motorist alert. Anything that would need officers in multiple agencies to either take action, or at least be aware of.

DPS dispatch offices often patch in this frequency (155.3700) when they broadcast a BOLO alert (be on the lookout) on the normal DPS channels, so that the county & local agencies in the area also get the information. The mobile frequency equivalent is 154.9500.

Many of the smaller departments, especially rural ones, that use Vhf, may have the intercity freq's available in their car radios. Most, if not all, of the larger urban city department squad cars (at least in the DFW area) probably would not.

RodStrong

Back in the day, I used to enjoy listening to Intercity at the top of the hour, especially at night. Many police agencies were pretty good about ID'ing themselves. You could also get an idea of what agency's range you were in by listening to the signal strength when they ID'd. Some depts. had some pretty souped up transmitters on Intercity.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
At least in this county, most of the Sheriff and Police that are still on VHF still have these channels as 3 and 4. A little history for you:

154.9500 Simplex - Now called Texas Law 1, was called Intercity Car to Car, or just Car to Car. Used to be CH 3 in practically every single LE officer's car/walkie. Many VHF agencies still use this as their road channel, and if travelling through a VHF county, chances are you can raise a local if you need help.
155.3700 Out, 154.9500 In Half Duplex - Now called Texas Law 2, was called Intercity Base, or just Intercity. Used to be CH 4 in practically every single LE officer's car/walkie. Most county's/city's dispatch centers still have this programmed for the reasons stated above, BOLOs and such. Used to be a common way to contact a dispatch center in a county you may be passing through if you are in need of help, such as locating a MVA in your travel, or breaking down on a prisoner transport.

In Grimes County, we still have these channels, only they are currently 4/5 in the lineup. Texas Law 1 is used heavily as a chit-chat channel, but only Navasota PD has a base set up for Texas Law 2, and it is extremely low power. Most BOLOs from our county are sent as teletypes across TLETS (the statewide LE database operated by DPS) to the counties in the local region, where they broadcast on their own frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.