Whats a good antenna for ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackscan31

Considering the frequency range that scanner covers, I would try the Radio Shack 20-176. There have been lots of good things written about that antenna on this site.

Tinman0877

thanks anyway but what iam looking for a one signal antenna that attach to my hand held scanner the one u show me looks big

DickH

i am at California what kind of antenna should i get at radio shock

Ask them for a California antenna. Given the calibre of many RS employees, they will get exactly what you need. LOL

Back to reality, there is no antenna that will cover all freqs. well.

Seriously, Tinman. I can see the the people on here genuinely want to help you answer your question, but you really need to provide more specific answers. If you can tell us what county you're in, we can help you further. If you can tell us some of the things you wish to listen to, we can help you figure that out as well. If your answer is still 'everything', then you might as well just use the stock duck until you monitor for a while and figure out what frequencies you wish came in better.

KC0QNB

Ask them for a California antenna. Given the calibre of many RS employees, they will get exactly what you need. LOL

Back to reality, there is no antenna that will cover all freqs. well.
especially not a small antenna, simply not enough capture area.

Status
Not open for further replies.