whats a pro-93 worth these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenboymd

Not sure this is the right spot for this but if it's not I got a feeling someone will let me know. Anyone have any idea what a RS Pro-93 is worth? Just wondering since I just got one and was wondering if I paid to much.

Thanks in advance for the help

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Depends on the condition. I've seen them on ebay from $15-50. I wouldn't pay more than $35 on one though.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I think $35 is low balling. There are better scanners out there of course, but the 93 is still ver capable. Rebanding will mean an end to a lot of moto 800 scanning, but it'll still do everything else ok. Concidering that it's got an alpha display, and great free software avaiable, I'd say between $50-60 is a very fair price.

Only the (limited) avaiabilty of the $99.97 pro 95 limits the worth of the 93.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
KCChiefs9690 said:
Depends on the condition. I've seen them on ebay from $15-50. I wouldn't pay more than $35 on one though.

I sold mine on eBay back in January for $90.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I've seen some PRO-95s on ebay for less than PRO-93s in the same condition. I would only pay $35 for a 93 because you get so much more channels in a 95 for sometimes, less $$$.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Grog said:
... but it'll still do everything else ok....
I guess it depends on what you mean by everything else. I got rid of a 95 because I considered it a step backwards from the then state of the art. No VHF Trunking, no tones, no LTR (RS finally woke up with the 97). I would get more use out of my Pro-92's and 2067 than out of a 93/95 (and I bought one of my 92's for 29.97 brand new from RS).

I think $35 is generous.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
loumaag said:
I guess it depends on what you mean by everything else.

Lets see, seeing as how you didn't quote the rest of what I was saying (which would have saved me form having to go over this again).

I was referring to rebanding, which is what is stopping some people from buying any trunking scanners.

loumaag said:
I guess it depends on what you mean by everything else. I got rid of a 95 because I considered it a step backwards from the then state of the art. No VHF Trunking, no tones, no LTR (RS finally woke up with the 97). I would get more use out of my Pro-92's and 2067 than out of a 93/95 (and I bought one of my 92's for 29.97 brand new from RS).

I think $35 is generous.

I've owned the 92 & 2067, and I feel the way about them as you do about the 93. The 92 was not too bad, but it was not as good as the 93 in tracking a moto 800 system (this was the "pre-A or B" version) and the 2067 I owned was close to being the worst scanner I've owned. It went back within a week, and I never looked back.

goldenboymd

Thank you for all your replys. I paid $30 for the scanner and 20 for the cable so I guess I'm in good shape. Bottom line for me is that I get to hear most of my local PD and FD and am having fun learning how to program the thing. Love this ite it's been a BIG help and thanks again for the input

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
goldenboymd said:
Thank you for all your replys. I paid $30 for the scanner and 20 for the cable so I guess I'm in good shape. Bottom line for me is that I get to hear most of my local PD and FD and am having fun learning how to program the thing. Love this ite it's been a BIG help and thanks again for the input
I do agree that a PRO-93 is a great beginners scanner. It was my first scanner. It is great at receiving trunking and has great receive range for a handheld, even with the stock antenna. Happy Scanning! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.