Whats all the jet movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt_531

I saw several packs of fighter jets fly over head today in groups of 20, at least 150 total jets. They looked like they were heading from Northern California to Southern California. Anyone have any clue whats going on?

DPD1

The only thing that would have that many at one time around there would be a wing returning from deployment to Lemoore, but I can't think of any of the carriers returning right now. Typically when they go out they go in divisions of 4. But it's possible that if it's an actual deployment, they may have collected everybody over the field for a fly-over first before leaving. I've never heard them do that, and typically that would be a difficult thing for them to do because the planes would be stacked up at the boat. But it's possible. That would still only be less than 100 though. Unless they circled around and just looked like more.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Makers of the "MilTenna" Monitoring Antenna

emt_531

Yeah I live a little less than 12 miles from the base and this isnt something normal. The carriers left like 2-3 weeks ago. Plus, these jets were loaded with missiles. Definately not normal exercises.

DPD1

Jordan happen to find a news clip. Two Lemoore squadrons came home off the Nimitz today. They probably did a race track until the pattern was clear for fly-over or something, making it look like more than one group.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Makers of the "MilTenna" Monitoring Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.