Whats all the NOISE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiationX

For the past couple days ive been hearing some noises on the scanner in between 28 and 50mhz that are louder than than a jet in a stone building, and it just started happening about monday and ive looked all around for things i might be using that could interfear with it but nothing, anyone know what all the noise is? where is comeing from?it sounds like ppl trying to talk at time but others its just loud hissing and spurts. I know its not birdies either because its just started happening.

Chaos703

Jet in a stone building. That's a good one.

In that freq range, I think it could be atmospherical (I have an awful feeling someone a little smarter is about to correct me). Sun spots, solar winds, etc.

When your scanner stops on these sounds, hit pause, turn your squelch all the way down and listen for a while. Let us know what freq it is and if the interference constant or intermittent.

While you have it paused with the sq down you should also try walking around — room to room, go outside, maybe even around the block. If the interference is coming from some small nearby electronic device the noise should fade as you move away from it. If it stays the same for several hours and only clears up with daylight, it's almost certainly atmospherical.

If the noise is intermittent, it might be from a nearby ham radio nut job. Or even worse, a side-bander. If that's the case, you'll just have to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.