whats better

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuBBerHeaD

i was talking to a guy and he told me his mobile antenna is better than his outdoor base antenna,is that true?,that cant be true can someone please explain,thanks

bpsmicro

Is it possible for a crappy outdoor antenna to be better than a good mobile antenna? Sure.
Is it possible for a messed up install of an outdoor antenna to be better than a proper install of a mobile? Sure.

There are a bunch of reasons why what your friend is saying could be true. The most common reason is people splice extra-long lengths of cable on an outdoor antenna without understanding the losses involved in choosing the wrong cable. Other common reasons include improper, too many, shorted or corroded connectors.

If I thought my mobile antenna was doing better than my base, I'd be climbing the tower (or, more accurately, getting somebody else to climb the tower) to find out why, and fixing it. :)

Brad.

ECCS

I was using a base ant that came with my scanner.. so had 3 ant going.. used booster packs as well with little improvement..

Just bout a new one that is handling all 3 scanners and getting feeds from over 100km away.. cost about 150 bucks total

Outside are far better in long run..

Least in my case

Status
Not open for further replies.