Whats Burning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Anybody got a line on what is burning North of the Salt Lake International Airport?

Last year I know they were burning off some of the wetland areas... Might be the same thing again...

rfburns

Only thing showing up on the fire detection satellite is over in SW Wyoming and I believe it occured yesterday afternoon.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
The last several weeks they (DNR) has been having controlled burns on Antelope Island. Maybe that was what you saw.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
gldavis said:
The last several weeks they (DNR) has been having controlled burns on Antelope Island. Maybe that was what you saw.

I am sure that is what it is. That is about the right positioning.

Have you copied any comms on TG: 18080?

LGLHOOK

bneilson said:
I am sure that is what it is. That is about the right positioning.

Have you copied any comms on TG: 18080?

I sat in a parking lot in Ogden for a few hours yesterday and caught traffic on this TG about going into town to get a gas cap and then returning back to check the hot spots.

fastattackus

It's also the time of the year that the very rich and influential duck clubs start to burn off the nuisance weeds on their property. They burn out the weeds that aren't beneficial to the habitat of the ducks migration and well being. (prior to being shot!) They are given pretty liberal power to burn because of the noxious weed ordinances in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.