What's going on with Whistler Scanner Supply

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I am looking at Whistler website the TRX-1, TRX-2, WS1065, WS1040 are sold out. The WS1010 on sale and the WS1025 available.
What's going on with the Whistler scanners?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am looking at Whistler website the TRX-1, TRX-2, WS1065, WS1040 are sold out. The WS1010 on sale and the WS1025 available.
What's going on with the Whistler scanners?
Out of stock @ ScannerMaster as well, but in stock on Amazon. The TRX-1 is $435 on Amazon.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried shopping for the SDS100/200 on the Uniden website lately? Same thing.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 23.52.30.png

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried shopping for the SDS100/200 on the Uniden website lately? Same thing.

Paul (UPMan) told us years ago that Uniden prioritizes their dealers over direct sales. The fact that you can't buy one directly from Uniden means nothing. That doesn't, of course, keep people from opening a new thread every six months that says, "OMG Uniden stopped making the SDS scanners 'cause I can't buy one on their website!!!!" :)

I did a quick Internet search and found numerous places that have the SDS100 and SDS200 in stock and ready to ship, including well-know scanner dealers, a couple ham radio stores, and Amazon.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Paul (UPMan) told us years ago that Uniden prioritizes their dealers over direct sales. The fact that you can't buy one directly from Uniden means nothing. That doesn't, of course, keep people from opening a new thread every six months that says, "OMG Uniden stopped making the SDS scanners 'cause I can't buy one on their website!!!!" :)

I did a quick Internet search and found numerous places that have the SDS100 and SDS200 in stock and ready to ship, including well-know scanner dealers, a couple ham radio stores, and Amazon.

My exact point, dealers have both the SDS and TRX scanners, the lack of them on the manufacturers website means nothing.