What's going on with Wright & Sherburne Cnty ARMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNGEARJAMMER

I'm wondering what changed In Sherburne & wright counties that I'm not seeing in the data base. I haven't been able to hear any thing for either county other than conventional FM paging channels for four days now. I don't get any thing on the ARMER 800 MZ channels. Does anybody have any Ideas on whats going on here? Radionut, where are you?

WX0BPR

I'm wondering what changed In Sherburne & wright counties that I'm not seeing in the data base. I haven't been able to hear any thing for either county other than conventional FM paging channels for four days now. I don't get any thing on the ARMER 800 MZ channels. Does anybody have any Ideas on whats going on here? Radionut, where are you?

ARMER for Sherburne anyway was working fine in Elk River prior to my pilgrimage to Bismarck (the most boring place on earth to scan) for Thanksgiving.
Do you have all of the ARMER channels programmed, they have been running on the Alt CC occasionally which is not highlighted in the database, but if memory serves me is 851.475

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
851.475 works, been wondering what the alt channel is.

BTW i live in Otsego

Last edited:

dwgelle

Could be a failure, the Meeker system had where there was some problem with the controller and had done the same thing to. But could just as well be a system administrator changing thing.

MNGEARJAMMER

If your in Ostego and getting Sheburne ARMER, then I've got something wrong with my rig. I think some buttons might of got pushed by fingers that have no business near the rig. I'll have to research this a little farther. I'll keep ya posted. I'm using a GRE COM 600.
Garry

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
did you try using the other control channel? 851.475 it is working for me now? I have a 39XT

MNGEARJAMMER

Thanks for all the replies fellas, but from what I'm seeing on the data base today, we're all going to have to re-program for Sherburne and Wright counties. It sure explains what went wrong with my rig. It sure took RR long enough to get the up-date posted. Maybe I woke up RADIONUT with my original post. Thanks again fellas, but it looks like my biggest fear has come to pass. RE-PROGRAMMING!!!!!

MNGEARJAMMER

It doesn't magically get in the database. Someone has to submit the data.
In addition to that...several months ago I put out a list of sites which had missing CC and ACC data for people close to them to take a stab at filling some of it in....http://forums.radioreference.com/mi.../216176-alternate-control-channel-search.html
You can read the results...

Hey RADIONUT; I think detect a little hostility in your reply. Chill out man, I was just poking a little fun at ya. I sure didn't mean to rub your fur the wrong way. Winter is here now so your skin will toughen up a little. If you took my ribbing to heart. I apologize. I've Got my rig re-did now and all's cool. Personally I think you do a heck of a job of keeping us informed and up to date. I know I wouldn't want your job, nor do I have the expertise to do it. Thanks for all you do!!
Garry

WX0BPR

Upon my return to town I see 851.475 also.. my reception is seemingly better too, I have a 996XT and often times I was having "simulcast" reception issues with the old CC at certain times (night).
So my vote is... Sherbune keeps it the way it is LOL, I am sure they will take that into consideration..

n0fwg

Premium Subscriber
Things seem to be working better for me too..

And the control channel is back to 851.850 right now.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
dang back to the crappy reception for me. the 851.475 was amazing while it was used

WX0BPR

dang back to the crappy reception for me. the 851.475 was amazing while it was used
LOL I thought maybe I was going crazy thinking it was better, sounds like others thought so too> But now I wonder why? My perception of how this works is its the same towers, same locations, probably the same antennas, not sure how the transmitters work. So really what is the difference if they change controls? Is the ouput power the same or is the .850 transmitter crappy? Stuff that makes me wonder.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
i was thinking the same thing. but i def got better decoding with the other control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.