What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vender44

so i live in brooklyn bensonhurst, and every day in my area i see cop cars flying by....with really loud sirens, day and night, it can be 4am and they fly by....it all occurs in the same area///its been happening for over 5 days....i see undercovers as well.....

it's the 62 precinct, people have told me they were and are a dirty precinct, as a citizen who pays taxes and lives in this area, i have a right to know what's going on...

How do i get started....?

vinzep491

Could it be a mass-vehicle response drill. I know NYPD has been known to practice their response to major incidents post 9/11.

Basically they'll have 20, 30, even 60 cars line up and drill response time to a particular area.

Check this out, you tube has alot of these drills on video:

NYPD - YouTube

emcomm

Do you live on a major street, like 86th ? or 20th Avenue? That could explain why you see the volume of police cars that you do. Maybe your road will get the cars across town faster than another route.

I live not too far from you, remember we have a super-high population density, lots of people get sick and crimes are committed in and around this population. I hear sirens all day and night: Police, FDNY, EMS, the 4 large private ambulance companies, hatzolah, that is all a lot of sirens.

vender44, go to Radioshack and for $99.00 get a scanner, program in the 62 precinct frequency: 476.5125 and listen all night long. Then you should learn why you hear sirens. Crime is everywhere--cops need to go to crimes.

Last edited:

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
it's the 62 precinct, people have told me they were and are a dirty precinct, as a citizen who pays taxes and lives in this area, i have a right to know what's going on...

How do i get started....?

Some one once told me a troll lives under the Brooklyn Bridge, that must be true!!!

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
He must be wrong - crime is DOWN in New York City! Why would cop cars go flying by everyday if crime is down???

Mike

one11sgt

You wanna know whats going on? People call the police all day long for absolutely anything and everything. Since they cant use common sense and behave like adults, they need someone to come and tell them how to solve every issue in their lives. So dont blame the police for the loud sirens at 4am, blame your fellow residents.

Last edited:

W2NJS

Get involved with your neighborhood's civic group (they're everywhere in NYC) and that'll give you an "in" with the local precinct and then you'll be able to meet with the precinct commander and ask him what the hell is going on. Most police captains actually like to meet and talk with concerned citizens who are willing to work with the PD to improve the community. Sitting back and complaining, as well as listening to the PD dispatch, are wastes of time. If you pay the taxes you can ask questions because you have a right to do so.

comspec

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Its a dirty pcts. So they obviously got their hands on some illicit extra loud sirens and have been driving back and forth in front of your house to annoy you.

Apparently it is working.

End of sarcasm.

Of course you have the "right" to know what is going on. The reason for the sarcasm is you implication that all of the recent activity is somehow the result of rampant corruption. Most of the time when the cops are being naughty they don't drive around with the sirens blarring. If you are genuinely curious as to what all the excitement is you can either buy a scanner and monitor them or you can got to the pct and file a FOIL request to see the blotter entries for the night. The last suggestion about getting involved with a civic group is a really good one too if you are more concerned that there is a professional integrity problem with you pct than you are about just wanting to know what is going on.

ecps92

First time I have heard it called FOIL :)

It's FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] each state varies on what is available to the public. Check with the Sec. of State of NY for what the law is as well as the $$ Fees that can be charged.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Its a dirty pcts. So they obviously got their hands on some illicit extra loud sirens and have been driving back and forth in front of your house to annoy you.

Apparently it is working.

End of sarcasm.

Of course you have the "right" to know what is going on. The reason for the sarcasm is you implication that all of the recent activity is somehow the result of rampant corruption. Most of the time when the cops are being naughty they don't drive around with the sirens blarring. If you are genuinely curious as to what all the excitement is you can either buy a scanner and monitor them or you can got to the pct and file a FOIL request to see the blotter entries for the night. The last suggestion about getting involved with a civic group is a really good one too if you are more concerned that there is a professional integrity problem with you pct than you are about just wanting to know what is going on.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
First time I have heard it called FOIL :)

It's FOIA [Freedom of Information Act] each state varies on what is available to the public. Check with the Sec. of State of NY for what the law is as well as the $$ Fees that can be charged.

Wrong. New York State has a Freedom of Information Law

NYSED::FOIL: Freedom of Information Law

I'm always amused when out-of-staters come in here thinking they have all the answers that pertain to NYS. :roll:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Food for thought....

If he files FOIL requests over every incident of police cars running lights and siren in his area, that will probably be a rapid way to establish a real adversarial relationship with the local police. Probably not a good thing in the long run.

Better to go down to the station and simply ask first. Or do like the rest of us have for many years, get a scanner, learn the lingo, and listen in. As so many of us already know, it's better entertainment that most television programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.