Whats New? Whats Great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

Its been a long time since I purchased a scanner Uniden's BCD996T and BCT15 were the last two I purchased; that's been around 10 years ago! During my time away from the hobby I actually sold both of those units. :(

Anyway I am curious what is new and great these days? Seems I am still seeing updated versions of both those units ... has the industry not come very far in 10 years or what?

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I would say the main "innovations" that have taken place during the last 10 years fall into these broad 3 areas.
1. The addition of digital audio formats. These include P25 Phase 1, P25 Phase 2, DMR, Mototrbo and NXDN.
2. Pre-loaded Radio Reference frequency database for the entire US and Canada. Just enter the ZIP code of the area you are currently in, and the scanner automatically scans only the nearby services.
3. On-board audio recording capability. All audio received by the scanner can be stored as separate recordings on the installed SD memory card.

As far as user interface, the biggest change is the color touch screen interface on the Uniden HomePatrol 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.