What's the best non dig conv scanner for aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
ICOM A24

You can buy an ICOM A24 for just over $200... shop around. Only 200 memories but the audio is fantastic especially if you're near an airport. :)

Turbo68

Hi Dan forgot to mention with the Icom R3,R20 every time i went to an air show the audio is not loud enough i do find the uniden audio is excellent even in the car reception on both is excellent.The Aor 8200 MK3 is an excellent receiver on the airbands only thing is fairly big to hold,The Alinco DJ-X10,
DJ-X11,DJ-X2000 all useless on airbands even at airports thats also with antennas custom made for airband only.

Regards Lino.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I definitely agree with those mentioned the BR330T, that and the Pro-60 are my favorite Air/Mil-Air scanners over the years.

As far as base radios go i like the Pro-2045 like someone else mentioned because VFO knob for easy scrolling through frequencies and good receive.. Several others have the knob, the bc898 also i believe.

The BC15 radios i also really enjoyed, good receive, uniden's DMA, VFO knob as well, but since it is a TT it will be more expensive than some of the older scanners you could get real cheap online or at a hamfest.

cg

Premium Subscriber
As you stated in your original post, considering your requirements of a new, non digital, desktop scanner that doesn't need a computer to program, yes, the 15XT is a good choice.

chris

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a BCT15 (before the X came out) for dedicated aviation listening. I have an old BCT8 and BC350A that would be fine for that also. I like the BCT15 because you can program as much as you want; freqs, tags, systems, whatever.. without much work and by hand. Once I find my BC246T I'll use it for portable aviation. I loved that thing, but it grew legs and walked off. Or at least that's my story.

x72bYiLt.jpg

milcom_chaser

Yupiteru MVT-7100: Awesome audio quality, super sensitive receiver.
Uniden 396XT's, BCT-15x, 996XT: Easy to program, flexible search parameters (mode, step size).

Status
Not open for further replies.