What's the best place to discuss active Nashville events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashdesignguy

I don't want to post live discussions for current events unless this is the best place for it...

For instance, Nashville OEM and NFD had divers in the Cumberland today to search for someone who jumped off of Victory Memorial Bridge. Didn't know if anyone else is listening...

bg_nashville

Some forum users have tried that before, but I am not sure it serves much of a purpose unless it provides useful information about the radio system itself that isn’t already in the database. I doubt many people check these forums more than once per day and by that time the event is over.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Seriously: Unless its new TG in use or new procedure for comms, do not do it or you will soon see a big fat E on the TG you like to monitor. Not trying to scare anyone but this is how it is now. We used to know to keep our big fat mouths shut and keep info to just local family etc... Now we just have to stream it live, put it all out on FB like we are the evening news or the oldschooltimes newspaper. And they are encrypting just as fast as our lips can flap. I used to think maybe this was not the case, but now since pretty much no one follows the basic rules that actually used to be printed on scanner manuals about NOT talking about what we hear, we see agencies pushing the E button more and more. If you find new data on a radio system, share that. You heard your Uncle Joe Blow got in a car wreck, keep that to yourself. Unless in the near future all you want to hear is "crickets". Why do you think NPD is fully encrypting as they switch to new radios? Why do you think NFD has so much E already?

Last edited by a moderator:

K2NWC

Premium Subscriber
Completely agree with @milf . I feel 100% responsible for my local LEOs hitting that E button since I was "kind enough" to dedicate resources to streaming on Broadcastify. Guilty as charged. @milf is right - probably better what you hear out of conversations - especially online. Our local agencies had plenty of encrypted talkgroups to choose from for truly sensitive situations and conversations... almost positive that they would not be encrypted now had I not published that darn feed. :censored:

zachgallop

nashscan

I don't want to post live discussions for current events unless this is the best place for it...

For instance, Nashville OEM and NFD had divers in the Cumberland today to search for someone who jumped off of Victory Memorial Bridge. Didn't know if anyone else is listening...

If it makes you feel any better, there is very little to listen to when someone jumps off one of the bridges downtown. There are multiple scenarios. 1: the reporting party didn't see what they saw, or misinterpreted what they saw. 2: They saw what they saw, and we save them. 3: They saw what they saw, and someone reports a floater days later. After the dispatch goes out, first responders are very tight lipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.