• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What's the best way to find 2-tone info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4ELO

Is there a way to use a portable radio and a laptop to find 2-tone info? As in a certain program or app?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

sfd119

There's a $1 app called Radio ID that will display Two Tone info, along with MDC, GE Star, Fleetsync, etc. Available for both Andoird and Apple.

Quick, dirty, and reliable.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
The only problem with the Radio ID app is it seems to pull all the 2-Tone info from a standard Motorola Quick Call II tone table and doesn't actually display the tones that are being transmitted. For example, it decoded a Plectron tone set as 979.9 and 788.5 instead of the actual Plectron tones of 992.0 and 799.0. In addition it seems like some of the Motorola tone tables are left out too. I decoded a Motorola "Z" Group tone set as 422.1 and 788.5. The "Z" Group tones being transmitted were actually 426.6 and 794.3.

I guess if you didn't have anything else, this would get you close. Maybe some tweaking would be in order by the app developer.

KK4ELO

I noticed it randomly pops up several different tone sets back to back when there hasn't even been any tones at all. And sometimes it shows the same tones twice in a row when the radio has been quiet. Also doest show single long tones. Other than that seems to work OK.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.