What's the correct control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

radio shack show the "sys id" also if you sit on the control channel for a while
and it show a percentage of,
I'd like to know what that is and what it used for.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
What is a system ID and what is it used for,
No one seems to know the answer.
Does AC33 belong to sometime or what does it do or acount for.
Nearly every modern day trunked radio system broadcast a system ID in addition to a Site ID
It identifies what/which trunked system the site is a part of.. In your specific case it refers to Salt Lake City Public Safety Motorola Type II Analog Trunked Communications System.
Note the information at the bottom of this screenshot:
1600480562800.png
Nearly every trunked system in the database has one posted on it's respective page. (these are easily located at the bottom of the county and state RR DB pages.) You can click on each system and view a System ID (Some have more than one and they will be listed too)
1600482559797.png
Additionally,
Scroll to the bottom of the following linked page, Note the field to type and Search by System ID under Search Trunked Radio Information:
1600482750742.png
When you sit on a frequency and see a system ID on your scanner you can do a search and find out really quickly if you've found something new or something that is existing.

A lot of what you are trying to accomplish has already been researched and documented. There are many ways to search the database and see if a frequency is in use or not. There are many other ways to perform searches, also on that page.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
The system ID (AC33 or 7202 or 420F) is what the computer uses to ID who it is. We use this number to ID what we are listening to. I also use the ID to know what to look up in the Radio Reference Database. It is just a way of knowing what system is who.

mrlthse

Good information,
Have you ever bought a item without receiving an owner manual to operate it,
That is what I have.
Now I more so understand what sys ID means
and I'll use that info to better monitor the radio closer.

mrlthse

Yep You are correct again,
You never seems to stop amazing me,
However, some times a "brain fart" will slip in
and sometimes a written instruction even the one hard to understand are a good tool to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.