What's the current best price for the BCD396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_reetz

Premium Subscriber
Though I've been happily using an AOR-8200MKIII for a few years now, I can see that Uniden has really taken the lead. And my AOR is pretty much useless now that everything I'm interested is trunking and/or digital.

I've been scouring the Internet/eBay and the classifieds here on RadioReference, looking for the lowest price on the BCD396XT. Scannermaster seems to have the best price I can find -- is there anything I'm missing?

I've been lurking here for quite a while, but this is my first post. Cheers, all.

QRFactual

LEO Member
ScannerMaster has great prices, and probably the best customer service as well. I've been dealing with them for years and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them!

bedrock

Premium Subscriber
Best Price...BCD396XT

I searched for about a month....found this seller on eBaY...she has been selling alot of them, has good feedback and free shipping...$474.99 SHIPPED! Go to eBay and type in this item number...280471081270, I hope this helps you...she usually lists them on Sundays, usually 6-8 at a time.

QRFactual

LEO Member
You might save $20 by buying on eBay, but personally I'd rather spend the $20 and know I'm buying from probably the best company around. Their customer support is second to none and they can pretty much answer any question you might have about any kind of unit you've purchased or are looking to purchase. ScannerMaster has super fast shipping, and like I said I've never had an issue with them in the 10+ years I've been dealing with them. Just my opinion.

bedrock

Premium Subscriber
Best Price on BCD396XT

Dan,
We don't have any doubts about ScannerMasters abilities and the fact that they are a reputable company, he was asking about the best price available. The price from ScannerMaster for me was $495.00 and 19.00 shipping...grand total of $514.00. The price from eBaY was 474.95 including shipping to your door. They also offer a sixty day exchange or DOA exchange also. The total savings of $39.25. Agreed, you may want to deal with ScannerMaster for their expertise, but he asked what the BEST PRICE FOUND was. I just relayed the information from my shopping experience. I hope this helps you Daniel.

daniel_reetz

Premium Subscriber
Price is a pretty big deal to me, because I'm a grad student and this thing costs half my monthly stipend.

But I agree, good service means a whole lot. After considering waiting for the eBay ones to show up, I went with ScannerMaster. Previously, I've always bought from Grove or other sellers that advertise in Monitoring Times (is MT still around?). Anyway, thank you for the insight, and I look forward to getting this thing and hacking the crap out of it.

daniel_reetz

Premium Subscriber
I wish I'd seen that Communications Electronics link earlier. I bought my Icom R2 from them almost ten years ago, and was very happy with their service.

I think I'm one of the very few people who ever discriminator tapped the R2. Great little radio.

bedrock

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Support?

I wouldn't go so far as to say Uniden wont support or warranty equipment that is sold on eBay from legitimate Uniden dealers, you are purchasing the equipment from a Uniden dealer, not eBay. I have never had a problem with warranty or doa.

flpyro

Premium Subscriber
I purchased my 396T new and in the box on E-Bay. This was from one of the Uniden dealers and you will have no probleam with the warranty. I for one am one of the E-Bay junkies for sure.

kayleesdad

not a bad return policy on that e-bay deal, 60 days to make sure it works so test it thoroughly. shipping...whatever bumps it the least, some of the cheap shipping takes longer and the boxes look like they have been beaten like it owes guido money.

DesertRatt

Premium Subscriber
Price is a pretty big deal to me, because I'm a grad student and this thing costs half my monthly stipend.

But I agree, good service means a whole lot. After considering waiting for the eBay ones to show up, I went with ScannerMaster. Previously, I've always bought from Grove or other sellers that advertise in Monitoring Times (is MT still around?). Anyway, thank you for the insight, and I look forward to getting this thing and hacking the crap out of it.

Monitoring Times is still around. They have an online version (MT EXpress) in PDF format. It is $19.95. I enjoyed it. Currently I have a subscription to Popular Communications that I enjoy.

scannersnstuff

uniden has them for $399.00 and free shipping. but i would rather deal with scannermaster, and the low price guarantee, and free shipping. scannermaster has to be the best darn scanner dealer around . i absolutely love them ! .

safetyobc

Note the $399 price is for refurbished product.

I have bought refurb electronics for a long time and have saved quite a bit of $$. I would assume it would be safe to get a refurb directly from Uniden. :) Great price for a great scanner at $399.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I have bought refurb electronics for a long time and have saved quite a bit of $$. I would assume it would be safe to get a refurb directly from Uniden. :) Great price for a great scanner at $399.

100% agree with you. . Many people including myself believe a Factoty Refurbished unit is a better choice over
a brand new in the box. A new unit can fail too.. most electronic items have a "burn in" time..could be up to 50 hours and could fail anytime. And companies don't test every unit comming off the line.. with a Refurbished Item you can be sure that the tech has fully checked it out and tested everything.
Cheaper price.. all tested...and still has a warranty. ..you can't go wrong..
plus other than the Red sticker that Uniden puts on the unit..you can't tell it's been used before.

scannersnstuff

Note the $399 price is for refurbished product.

thank you paul. i had seen that before. scannermaster has them for $429.00 with shipping. i have a friend interested. he just can't see going for the bcd436hp. too much scanner for him !.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.