What's the Difference ? LV CO KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
What is the Difference be tween these 3 ?

Leavenworth County Fire and EMS All Call

Leavenworth County Fire and EMS Dispatch

Leavenworth County EMS Countywide

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
YOU are NOT funny Sir !!

Jeez, lighten up and take a joke. Perhaps joeuser didn't know how to answer your question. Heck, I don't either. Perhaps you should do some self research on Google and find the information yourself. By the way, don't call me "sir" should you reply. Some of us younger folk find it quite annoying (my dad is "sir", not me).

byndhlptom

What's the difference....

I'll take a chance.....

All CALL is usually resrved for emergency type events where all the units (Fire/EMS/Police/public works/etc) on a system need to hear message. If a unit is on talkgroup A, their radio is probably programmed to also listen to ALLCALL.

DISPATCH is where day to day unit control is run. Usually group specific, i.e. fire dispatch, police dispatch, etc. Often radio traffic is then switched to a TAC or OPS frequency as part of the dispatch assignment

COUTYWIDE is probably a area talkgroup for those few times you need to talk across the region to others. It may be being used as a general admin/talk channel, depends on system guidelines

tom

joeuser

The Wretched
He used the S word again! I was joking U but in my joke was my thought (guess) that is - they are just different names. I defer to the above description, of course, but I have found sometime they just have multiple channels available & instead of naming them (for example) Event 1, Event 2, & Event 3 - they just use names. The only way to be sure is to listen to them & then you'll know for sure. SIR! (& that WAS funny!) ;-)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.